week 20: ghosts


my idea for this photo project was to create some ghostly doubles. i used my diana f+ camera and lomography earl grey 100 film for all the shots, also a tripod and a cable release.

first i put my camera on the tripod and shot the empty scene. then i shot the exact same scene again, but with my “ghost” in it. once i finished the roll of film with several images – chair, sofa, piano, window – i took it to the lab to get developed.

Credits: kekskonstrukt

i was quite pleased with the ghostly doubles effect, but i decided to scratch the negatives to get an even more “spooky” look. i scratched the negatives with a metal sponge and a needle, just as i did in my aesthetics of destruction project.

then i scanned the film again and voilà, here is the result:

Credits: kekskonstrukt

i also scanned some of the pictures as slide film, i think it matches with the “ghost” theme.

Credits: kekskonstrukt

i can be seen in the mirror, therefore i’m not a ghost. no, wait… that’s vampires… uuh.

Credits: kekskonstrukt

have a look at the album here: ghosts

written by kekskonstrukt on 2013-05-24


  1. weaver
    weaver ·

    super creative! :D

  2. 134340
    134340 ·

    yeah!! great idea!

  3. kangiha
    kangiha ·

    brilliant, love these, Cheers!

  4. rewd
    rewd ·

    I really love the "voila" in french...

  5. daisymae
    daisymae ·


  6. rik041
    rik041 ·


  7. kibs
    kibs ·

    fantastic tipster!

  8. emperornorton
    emperornorton ·

    I've done a few ghost photos in my time. It surprises me that people still get taken in by these and believe they are the real thing. They are, nonetheless, fun to do.

  9. magicllama
    magicllama ·

    these are awesome!