Russia. Moscow region. Kolomna, Grazhdanskaya street
Camera: Pentax Spotmatic SP II (№5247478)
Lens: MC Macro-Revuenon 28 mm ƒ3.5
Film: ADOX CHS 100 II + dev. D-76
Scanner: Pakon F235+
Photo taken: 02/06/2018
One of the churches of Kolomna. The brick church of Michael the Archangel was built in the late 18th century.
A wooden church in the name of Michael the Archangel appeared in the middle of the 14th century. At that time, in the wall of the wooden fortress of Kolomna between Marinkin and Granovitaya towers, there were already Mikhailovsky gate gates, in front of which there was Mikhailovskaya (or Arkhangelsk) settlement with a wooden church. After the Time of Troubles, the temple came to desolation. In 1700 the stone church of Michael the Archangel with the chapel of the Three Saints was built. Now the existing stone church of Michael the Archangel received its modern appearance through the reconstruction of the parts of the previous stone church.
The oldest part of the now existing church was the bell tower. It was built in the late 18th century, and was destroyed in the Soviet era to the first tier.
In the Soviet era, from the 1930s to 2007, the city's local history museum was located in the church building. In 2007, the church was handed over to the believers, restoration began, and in May 2007 the church began worship services.
On November 21, 2008, on the Feast of Michael the Archangel, the church was solemnly consecrated by Metropolitan Yuvenaly of Krutitsy and Kolomna.