Magazine Writer / Copywriter (English)
Location: Manila, Philippines
As a Writer for the Lomography Online Magazine, you will be in charge of researching and writing magazine articles appealing to the Lomography Community and our creative audience worldwide. You´ll be working with the Magazine team in Manila and in the Vienna HQ. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an affinity for words, arts and culture and wishes to work in a multicultural environment, with a large community of creative individuals.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international venture.
Our snapshots are characterized by vibrant colours, surprise effects and pure spontaneity. We have over a million creative members across the world and invite you to let loose, ignite your inspiration and to catapult your shots around the globe through our online platform. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, everyone can harness the photographic power to create something incredible. Don’t think – just shoot!
- Regularly research and write articles on interesting creative photography, art, and pop-culture related topics.
- Develop and manage a network of artists and photographers to be featured on the Magazine and conduct interviews with them.
- Edit and publish Community or locally-submitted pieces.
- Participate in team’s brainstorms and pitch story ideas to the rest of the Magazine and Marketing team.
- Pitch new formats and editorial series ideas to develop the Magazine further
- Be consistent with the production of articles and meet editorial deadlines
- Educational background in Art/Media/Advertising/Journalism/Literature/Linguistics or similar
- Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply
- Impeccable grammar, writing and editing skills
- Creative and imaginative personality
- Great organization skills and an eye for details
- Previous experience and knowledge with analogue photography and/or Lomography products is a plus.
- work from 1:00pm – 10:00pm (Manila time°)
- Start date: as soon as possible
Interested? Email your CV and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: APPLICATION FOR MAGAZINE WRITER – (name)