Editorial Assistant / Magazine & Social Media
Location: HQ Vienna, Austria
As our Editorial Assistant, you will support the creation of text and photo content for the Online Magazine. You will supervise the quality of the content produced and link the editorial plan with the marketing and product calendar. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an affinity for words, arts, content creation and wishes to work in a multicultural environment, with a large community of creative individuals.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international venture.
Our snapshots are characterized by vibrant colours, surprise effects and pure spontaneity. We have over a million creative members across the world and invite you to let loose, ignite your inspiration and to catapult your shots around the globe through our online platform. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, everyone can harness the photographic power to create something incredible. Don’t think – just shoot!
- Research, conduct interviews and write articles on creative topics and creative talents
- Pitch new stories and series for the online magazine
- Edit and publish community and locally submitted pieces
- Give constructive feedback on pitches and articles submitted (text & photo)
- Monitor the status of the editorial plan and support with the publishing schedule
- Communicate with the social media team for the creation and publication of articles
- Upkeeping of the photo archive
- Fluent in English, native level strongly preferred
- Educational background in Art/Media/Journalism/Literatture/Linguistics
- Creative and organized, outgoing personality
- Affinity for art, design and culture
- Good research skills
- Good understanding and experience with analogue photography
- Familiar with Office pack, some basics with Photoshop or any photo editing tools/apps are a plus
- Familiar with SEO and analytical tools
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, international team who loves to occasionally hang out after work
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- A lomographic welcome package & employee discounts
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Austrian law requires us to post the minimum salary according to the collective agreement which is EUR 20.520 net wage per year, including social benefits. Overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience is of course possible.
- Please note that this job requires EU-citizenship (mind transitional provisions), citizenship in the European Economic Area, Swiss citizenship, or a standing access to the Austrian labour market and make sure to include the relevant information in your application!
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and are interested in a position where you can develop your skills and take over new responsibilities, apply now to join the Lomography Team by sending your application (resume, cover letter) to:
and please wait to be contacted by us.