Lab Operator (HQ Vienna, Austria)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Lomography is an exciting and vibrant international company dedicated to creative analogue photography. We develop, design and distribute an exciting and innovative range of cameras, film, books, fashion accessories, bags, stationery products and much more. We’re an ever-growing company that’s dedicated to supporting and showcasing creative analogue photography – that’s why we also regularly host events and exhibitions in countries all over the world.
Lomography has its headquarters in Vienna, Austria but we also have subsidiaries across the globe; from New York to Tokyo, Paris to Hong Kong. We are looking for a motivated and organized individual ready to be responsible for Lomography´s photo lab at its Vienna HQ!
Tasks and responsibilities
- operate a minilab (film development, scanning, image processing, printing)
- customer service for film services
- improve current services
- be in charge of cleaning / service
- communication with service technicians
- be in charge of stock / consumption / order management of material needed
- run the lab at maximum efficiency to produce maximum output of all services
- meet the established productivity minimums each day and aim to exceed them
- perform backend operations for online lab fulfillment such as order checks and photo uploads
- assist other tasks during slow times in the lab, like repairs and office work
- basic knowledge of analogue photography
- detail oriented and independent working style
- willingness to learn and improve processes
- good language skills German and English
- you should be a handyworker, skilled at a wide range of repairs around the house
- category B driving license required
- basic Photoshop & Scanner knowledge
- basic technical knowledge of [Fuji Frontier] Minilab
What we Offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, international team who loves to occasionally hang out after work
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- You will work in the heart of Vienna, in the beautiful and lively 7th district
- A lomographic welcome package
- 25 hrs per week
- Start date: as soon as possible
- This position will be paid with a gross salary of 14 x EUR 1.088.
- Please note that this position requires EU-citizenship (mind transitional provisions), citizenship in the European Economic Area, Swiss citizenship or a standing work permit for Austria.
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and are interested in a position where you can develop your skills and take over new responsibilities, apply now to join the Lomography Team by sending your application (resume and cover letter) to:
and please wait to be contacted by us.