Help! My camera doesn’t detect the New Petzval 85 Lens.
The New Petzval 85 Lens is a fully manual lens, and this is the reason why your camera is not detecting it.
In order to shoot with the Petzval, we advise you to follow these steps:
- Set your camera to manual mode.
- Insert the appropriate aperture plate into the plate slot given your shooting conditions.
- Set the F-stop on the body to match the aperture plate currently inserted into your lens.
- Adjust the exposure time so the internal light meter shows the correct exposition.
- Adjust the focus with the lens knob, aim your camera at your subject and press shutter release button.
Find out all our tips, tricks and advice on the Petzval 85