What should I do to keep my Horizon Kompakt / Perfekt in great working condition?
The Horizon Kompakt / Perfekt is a precision-made optical-mechanical instrument, so it is important to handle it carefully.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep the camera clean and protected from dust, moisture, and rapid temperature fluctuations.
- Keep the camera in its case when not in use.
- Clean the lens elements, use an air blower to blow off dust particles before using a clean cloth or cotton wool wad. You can always ask your local camera repair to have the lenses cleaned.
- In extreme weather conditions, it is best to maintain the camera close to body temperature until just prior to use.
- Do not attempt to troubleshoot the camera by yourself. It is best to take it back to us if you experience problems. Just contact your friendly customer service
- Load and unload your film out of bright light.
- Do not leave the camera with its shutter cocked for a long time since this may impair shutter operation.
And always remember to have fun with your Lomography adventures!
Find out all our tips, tricks and advice on the Horizon.