How do I load the film to my LC-Wide?
To load a film in your LC-Wide:
- Open the rear door by pulling up on the rewind crank.
- Insert your film into the left side and push the rewind crank back down to lock it into place.
- Pull out your film leader and place it into the slit of the take-up spool. The little teeth on the take-up spool should grab your film leader.
- When everything is in place, try to wind a little bit of the film with the rear door still open, using your thumb to lightly hold it against the take-up roll. The film should feed correctly from the roll. If it does not, then it means you’ve either pulled out too much of the leader, the leader is not correctly inserted into the take-up roll slot, or that the bottom cog is not gripping the perforations correctly.
- When you have correctly taken up some of the film, close the rear door again and get ready for action. Shoot a few frames to set the exposure counter to “1”.
If the film is correctly loaded you should be able to see the top of the rewind crank turn as you advance the film. If it’s not turning, then you’re not really shooting pictures and you must try to load the film again.
Find out all our tips, tricks and advice on the"LC-Wide":https://microsites.lomography.com/lc-wide/.
written on 2011-05-18 in #camera #lomo-lc-wide