Wholesales Marketing Trainee
Brooklyn, NY - traineeship
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Wholesales Marketing Trainee to join our Brooklyn-based team.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an art movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international company.
We develop, market and distribute our products via worldwide photo stores, design stores, museums and lifestyle stores, as well as via our Lomography websites available in 17 languages which besides the online shop also hosts photo magazines and platforms for an international community of over one million “Lomographers”. Lomography regularly hosts events and exhibitions. The Lomography headquarters is in Vienna and has subsidiaries in London, Paris, NY, Tokyo, HK, Shanghai and Manila.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Wholesales Team in brainstorming and researching retail marketing.
- Help our team in market research and analysis to help position our brand accordingly throughout the North American market
- Help managing stock and customer databases
- Learn about brand positioning and presentation and develop an understanding of Lomography’s mission and marketing
- Assist the team in creating sales and training materials for wholesales customers
- Assist in organizing marketing, community and workshop events for retail partners
- A study major or experience in business or sales & marketing is of advantage
- Basic knowledge in photography is required, interest in analog photography is a plus
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word. ERP system experience is a big plus.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Creative mindset as well as organized and analytical
- You are a doer and problem solver
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, passionate, international team
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- A Lomographic welcome package & employee discounts
- Salary: $20 / hour
- Working hours: 20 – 40 h / week
- Start Date: As soon as possible
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and are interested in a position where you can develop your skills and take over new responsibilities, apply now to join the Lomography Team by sending your application (including CV, cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and please wait to be contacted by us.
New York, USA
The Big Apple, the Melting Pot, the City that Never Sleeps, the Greatest City in the World — there’s a reason New York City has so many well known nicknames. No matter what part of the city you hit, you’ll always be surprised by something new because of the vast diversity here. Our USA office is based near the waterfront “down under the Manhattan Bridge” aka Dumbo, Brooklyn where you can find trendy cafés, a plethora of restaurants, premier art galleries, flea markets, live music, and much, much more. You’ll never run out of things to do (or photograph) in New York City.
What we do at Lomography
We’re committed to keeping analogue alive and helping our international Community capture the curious world we live in. We offer an ever-expanding range of experimental analogue goodies including innovative films, cameras, instant products, lenses & photographic accessories on our Online Shop and through a global network of retail partners. In addition to selling analogue gear, we publish daily tipsters, tutorials and interviews in our online Lomography Magazine and host a Community Site where Community members can upload their images and interact with over 1 million fellow Lomographers worldwide.
What we stand for
The Lomographic Society International is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. Our team comes together from all over the world and we are all different. It’s really important to us that everybody feels welcome at Lomography. We think diversity is a strength and inclusion should be meaningful in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
What working at Lomography is like
We offer jobs in various departments with quick promotion opportunities and a wide range of benefits, not least access to all the fun Lomography gear you could ever dream of! English is our working language amongst a friendly team comprising over 15 different nationalities – everyone has a place at Lomography! Each of us brings something new to the team and we all share a common passion for photography. Every career path is unique and offers the opportunity to gain new perspectives and knowledge.
Where can you find us?
With our HQ in Vienna and subsidiaries located in London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila – you can choose the destination of your dreams. We're happy to help you when relocating to any of the places that you’re drawn to and wherever you end up, our international team works together so you will be able to engage with colleagues and Community members from all around the world.
How do you apply
Don’t be shy! Browse through our job postings and feel free to tell us all about your passions, strengths and experiences. Feel free to share your photos with us if you are an analogue enthusiast or any other creative project that you think we might find interesting. Let us know why you want to contribute to Lomography’s legacy and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll aim to get back to you within one week with our feedback!
Which team fits you
We have several different in-house departments including marketing, design, programming, copywriting, product development, finance and administration. We strongly believe in training talents in all areas and you will definitely learn something new at Lomography. Rest assured: we will find a department that fits your ambitions!
What the hell is Lomography?
Established in Vienna in 1992 as an artistic movement – fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity – today, Lomography designs, manufactures and distributes analogue cameras and accessories to photographers around the world. We are a creative and globally present company with our headquarters located in Vienna, along with various subsidiaries all over the world.
More Open Positions at Lomography (see all)
- Marketing Volontariat Austria, Germany & Switzerland (m/f/x - Internship) Vienna - Volontariat
- Marketing & Retail Internship Scandinavia & Netherlands (HQ Vienna) Vienna - Traineeship
- Financial Analyst (m/f/x) Manila - full-time
- Online Marketing & Retail Internship Spain (HQ Vienna, Austria) Vienna - Traineeship
- Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/x) Vienna - full-time
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, Lomography is always on the lookout for motivated people to join our team. Send your resume to email@example.com and let us know what role you’d be interested in.