Business/Market Developer – Asia Pacific
Hong Kong – FULL-TIME
At Lomography, we’re not just another company – we’re a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. What started as an art movement by a group of offbeat students in 1992 has evolved into an international company fuelled by passion and curiosity. We develop, market, and distribute our products worldwide, reaching millions of photography enthusiasts through our photo stores, design stores, museums, online platforms, and events.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Business Developer, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for Lomography in Asia Pacific (including but not limited to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam). To succeed in this role, you need to be a persuasive person with a driving force for closing deals, developing new sales channels, building relationships, identifying market trends, developing and executing strategies accordingly, counterbalanced by your mad love for analogue photography and creativity!
You will have the opportunity to connect with a global community of millions of photography enthusiasts, artists, and creatives. As part of our young, dynamic and international team, you will have excellent professional and personal development opportunities. You will have the opportunity to navigate and experience the exciting and rapidly evolving business environment of Asia!
- Conduct in-depth market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities, industry trends, and potential clients.
- Develop and implement business development plans, including lead generation, cold calling, networking and client visits.
- Outreach and engage with potential clients, customers, and distributors, and build a strong pipeline of business leads.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting and initial contact to negotiation, closing deals, and contract finalization.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with both potential and existing customers, as well as all related stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, finance and logistics, to ensure excellent teamwork to achieve the overall company’s goal.
- Provide regular updates, analysis and routine reports on sales activities, pipeline status and progress toward targets to the management team.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Fluent in Chinese and English (written and spoken). Any additional language is a plus.
- At least 1-2 years of working experience in related fields (sales, business development, marketing)
- Knowledge of Lomography and Analogue Photography is an advantage.
- Motivated self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Interest in Arts, culture and design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding computer literacy is required.
- Ability to dive into data, analyze, strategize and set measurable goals.
- Deliver results.
- Highly dependable and detail-oriented.
Immediately available for hiring
Location: Hong Kong (physical presence is required at the local office)
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: APPLICATION FOR Business/Market Developer – Asia Pacific – (Name)
Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated cities in the world with 7.5 million residents of various nationalities. Due to its unique location and history; Hong Kong is a place where the eastern and western cultures blend, combining the traditional with the modern, old with the new. Our offices are located in the Kwai Chung area, an urban area within Tsuen Wan New Town in the New Territories of Hong Kong.
What we do at Lomography
We’re committed to keeping analogue alive and helping our international Community capture the curious world we live in. We offer an ever-expanding range of experimental analogue goodies including innovative films, cameras, instant products, lenses & photographic accessories on our Online Shop and through a global network of retail partners. In addition to selling analogue gear, we publish daily tipsters, tutorials and interviews in our online Lomography Magazine and host a Community Site where Community members can upload their images and interact with over 1 million fellow Lomographers worldwide.
What we stand for
The Lomographic Society International is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. Our team comes together from all over the world and we are all different. It’s really important to us that everybody feels welcome at Lomography. We think diversity is a strength and inclusion should be meaningful in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
What working at Lomography is like
We offer jobs in various departments with quick promotion opportunities and a wide range of benefits, not least access to all the fun Lomography gear you could ever dream of! English is our working language amongst a friendly team comprising over 15 different nationalities – everyone has a place at Lomography! Each of us brings something new to the team and we all share a common passion for photography. Every career path is unique and offers the opportunity to gain new perspectives and knowledge.
Where can you find us?
With our HQ in Vienna and subsidiaries located in London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila – you can choose the destination of your dreams. We're happy to help you when relocating to any of the places that you’re drawn to and wherever you end up, our international team works together so you will be able to engage with colleagues and Community members from all around the world.
How do you apply
Don’t be shy! Browse through our job postings and feel free to tell us all about your passions, strengths and experiences. Feel free to share your photos with us if you are an analogue enthusiast or any other creative project that you think we might find interesting. Let us know why you want to contribute to Lomography’s legacy and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll aim to get back to you within one week with our feedback!
Which team fits you
We have several different in-house departments including marketing, design, programming, copywriting, product development, finance and administration. We strongly believe in training talents in all areas and you will definitely learn something new at Lomography. Rest assured: we will find a department that fits your ambitions!
What the hell is Lomography?
Established in Vienna in 1992 as an artistic movement – fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity – today, Lomography designs, manufactures and distributes analogue cameras and accessories to photographers around the world. We are a creative and globally present company with our headquarters located in Vienna, along with various subsidiaries all over the world.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, Lomography is always on the lookout for motivated people to join our team. Send your resume to email@example.com and let us know what role you’d be interested in.