General Manager - Manila
Manila, Philippines - Full-time
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international company.
We develop, market and distribute our products via worldwide photo stores, design stores, museums and lifestyle stores, as well as via our Lomography websites available in 17 languages which besides the online shop also host photo magazines and platforms for an international community of over one million “Lomographers”. Lomography regularly hosts events and exhibitions.
The Lomography headquarters is in Vienna and has subsidiaries in London, Paris, NY, Tokyo, HK, Shanghai and Manila.
For our subsidiary in Manila, we are looking for a General Manager to operate and develop the Lomography’s business in the Philippines. You will also be responsible for our Manila team, who is the backbone of our operations worldwide including creative, sales, ecommerce and customer service.
You will focus strongly on our super active Philippines market, and represent Lomography as its country manager. We are seeking a person with a smart mind with ambition, combined with great communication skills and curiosity, someone who wants to take the opportunity to interact with and manage a handful of hyper creative Lomography Staff. Do you enjoy challenges and want to work in a fast paced creative environment? Are you hardworking and have an interest in photography, online sales, wholesales and marketing? If so, you may just be the person we’re looking for!
- Oversees the daily operations of a team of 7-8 members.
- Recruitment and development of new talented members
- Effectively designs planning strategies and sets goals for company growth
- Enhances the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of sales, revenue, communication flows and management, business processes, management
- Conducts staff performance reviews, assesses needs, cost/benefit analysis and other operational strategy assessments
- Establishes a high standard for productivity, revenue, sales, quality, customer service as well as define and implement effective policies and guidelines in support of organizational goals
- Liaison with top management. Assists in the development of strategic plans for operational activities, implements and manages operational plans
F&A management with the support of our F&A team (Hong Kong and Vienna)
- Develop the Philippines Market to its full sales potential by implementing effective lead generation strategies, opening new wholesales accounts, and maintaining existing wholesale accounts.
- Ensures that the company wholesale target is attained.
- Build good sales and customer service relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Manages the sales programs that will support wholesale sales targets.
- Overall in charge of the ordering, payments, logistics and client support
- Maintains communication with dealers, warehouse personnel, industry counterparts and others who is involved in sales and logistics function
- Ensure compliance with company policy, guidelines and standards.
- Performs other tasks as may deem necessary by the Regional Wholesale Manager.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (with advance degree is preferred but not required)
- Proven experience as an Operations or General Manager or sales or similar executive role
- 2-3 years of managerial and creative studio or agency experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lomography and Analogue Photography in general is an advantage
- Knowledge of general business processes and functions (finance, HR, sales, marketing, operations etc.) is an advantage
- Motivated self-starter
- Interest in Arts, culture and design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Outstanding computer literacy
- Strong analytical and logical skills with strategic ability
- In-depth knowledge of planning, implementation and risk assessment
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Highly dependable and detail-oriented
Immediately available for hiring
Location: Manila (physical presence is required at the local office)
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com , with the subject heading: APPLICATION FOR GENERAL MANAGER – MANILA – (Name)
Known as the “Pearl of the Orient”, Manila is the Philippines’ national capital. From historical sights to museums, malls, cafés and bars, this bustling city is full of things to see and stories to tell. The Philippines, which is consistently deemed as the “world’s social media capital”, tells a lot about how Filipinos love connecting and expressing themselves in various ways, including Lomography! The Lomography Philippines’ Office is located at the heart of the central business district of Makati.
What we do at Lomography
We’re committed to keeping analogue alive and helping our international Community capture the curious world we live in. We offer an ever-expanding range of experimental analogue goodies including innovative films, cameras, instant products, lenses & photographic accessories on our Online Shop and through a global network of retail partners. In addition to selling analogue gear, we publish daily tipsters, tutorials and interviews in our online Lomography Magazine and host a Community Site where Community members can upload their images and interact with over 1 million fellow Lomographers worldwide.
What we stand for
The Lomographic Society International is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. Our team comes together from all over the world and we are all different. It’s really important to us that everybody feels welcome at Lomography. We think diversity is a strength and inclusion should be meaningful in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
What working at Lomography is like
We offer jobs in various departments with quick promotion opportunities and a wide range of benefits, not least access to all the fun Lomography gear you could ever dream of! English is our working language amongst a friendly team comprising over 15 different nationalities – everyone has a place at Lomography! Each of us brings something new to the team and we all share a common passion for photography. Every career path is unique and offers the opportunity to gain new perspectives and knowledge.
Where can you find us?
With our HQ in Vienna and subsidiaries located in London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila – you can choose the destination of your dreams. We're happy to help you when relocating to any of the places that you’re drawn to and wherever you end up, our international team works together so you will be able to engage with colleagues and Community members from all around the world.
How do you apply
Don’t be shy! Browse through our job postings and feel free to tell us all about your passions, strengths and experiences. Feel free to share your photos with us if you are an analogue enthusiast or any other creative project that you think we might find interesting. Let us know why you want to contribute to Lomography’s legacy and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll aim to get back to you within one week with our feedback!
Which team fits you
We have several different in-house departments including marketing, design, programming, copywriting, product development, finance and administration. We strongly believe in training talents in all areas and you will definitely learn something new at Lomography. Rest assured: we will find a department that fits your ambitions!
What the hell is Lomography?
Established in Vienna in 1992 as an artistic movement – fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity – today, Lomography designs, manufactures and distributes analogue cameras and accessories to photographers around the world. We are a creative and globally present company with our headquarters located in Vienna, along with various subsidiaries all over the world.
More Open Positions at Lomography (see all)
- E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Manager – Asia Pacific Hong Kong - full-time
- Product Designer Hong Kong - full-time
- Marketing Internship Rest of the World (HQ Vienna) Vienna - Traineeship
- Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/x) Vienna - full-time
- Full-time Lomography Representative – Vietnam Vietnam - Full-time
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, Lomography is always on the lookout for motivated people to join our team. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what role you’d be interested in.