Community_cup_july_2014
0 : 5

Monday 12:00 CET to Tuesday 12:00 CET – Build 5 LomoWalls which represent your love for analogue – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Tuesday 12:00 CET to Wednesday 12:00 CET – Write a blog entry about why you love analogue photography – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 50

Wednesday 12:00 CET to Thursday 12:00 CET – Upload 50 Photos - Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Thursday 12:00 CET to Sunday 21:00 CET – Who do you think will win the huge climax to the football fiesta in Brazil? Take a lucky strike and make your guess in our magazine article - Reward: 10 Piggies

Have an account? Login | New to Lomography? Register | Lab | Current Site:
It's the thought that counts?

It's the thought that counts?

Sooo, let me preface this with the following... I acquired some "frozen expired" Ektachrome 100P. It was sold to me as working film but as-is, the company claimed they had used/tested it. I disagree. Since the first roll was literally unusable due to the total darkness of the cross-processed negatives, I decided to try some experiments with it. You know, to see if I could get something off it and note what I did. I looked around online and found three common themes of "recipes" for how to develop Ektachrome that has gone south. What you see before you is, after some LightRoom editing, the first roll of this recipe hunt. It looked promising on the negs, as they were actually visually there vs the last roll which wasnt. Then I scanned them and they were a mess. True fans of the "Lomo" lifestyle will say these are brilliant and "How did you do that!?". I say "This sucks, I want my photos to look right.". I shot the roll in pairs. Two shots at each location, one at normal exposure, one a single stop over exposed. I then developed it using the following: 1) Diafine A - 5 minutes. 2) Diafine B - 5 minutes. 3) Rinse. 4) Expose to light to fog and activate film briefly. 5) C-41 Developer - 10 minutes (normal 3.5 min). 6) C-41 Blix - 10 minutes (normal 6.5 min). 7) Import into LightRoom and adjust until there was something there. The stuff on the outer layer of the roll was quite different in color, and there is obvious texture that I assume is from the 2 processes. I wouldn't call this a win. But it's certainly a huge step towards the first roll. Only 2 recipes to try. Using up film and chemicals for the sake of knowledge.

alienmeatsack Taken by alienmeatsack with a Bronica ETRS loaded with Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus (expired) film in United States. These tags describe this photo: jacked, is, film, this, things, some, trying, error, and, trial, mess, bad, experiment, test, diafine, c41, c-41, process, cross, and expired. Date: 2013-09-13. Time: Afternoon. This photo can also be found in the album Ektachrome X-travaganza Alpha (09-13-2013).

No comments yet, be the first