It was my first attempt at cooking something in my "kitchen." I just used detergent to see what would happen when it's used on processed negatives.
The recipe is easy and the results, amazing! The more important thing is that I just used detergent and window/glass cleaner fluid. During my subsequent cooking experiments, I used more and more corrosives like bleach, lemon, vinegar, and alcohol. You can see the picture changing until it becomes nothing like the original image.
- Glass cleaner fluid
- Rubber gloves
1) Spray glass cleaner on the tray.
2) Spread detergent on the tray.
3) Put the negatives on the tray, then spray glass cleaner on them again to fix the detergent powder. Doing so also makes strange shapes appear on the negatives.
4) Spread a little amount of detergent on the negatives. If you want, you can spray on them again. It will burn the negatives a little more.
5) Leave it all night long, or a few hours. You must watch the negatives to avoid horrible damages!
6) Voilà! Here are my results: snow, stars! Don’t do it to your favorite pictures!