Learn how to make your camera really stand out. Give it a quick makeover with some contact paper!
If you have a camera at home that can use a little makeover, then you should totally try this. It’s not permanent so you can just remove it anytime you’d like; but it stays on pretty well if you do like it. It is also a good replacement if the original vinyl peels off. Let’s get started.
- A camera (duh)
- Some contact paper / self adhesive foil
- A pair of scissors
- An exacto knife
- A marker (not in the picture) can come in handy too
1. Remove anything from your camera that covers the area you want to work on like the little grip that my camera has. (Some parts aren’t removable.)
2. Cut a piece of paper that is about the size of the area you want to paste upon.
3. Cut pieces out of it so it will fit the shape of the camera better.
4. Get the adhesive tape and stick it on the camera. A lot of pieces will not really fit perfectly yet in this step.
5. Use the exacto knife to cut the edges of the foil straight so it fits the outline of your camera (not pictured)
aaand you’re done!
You can also see this tutorial on my blog.