Got hundreds, even thousands of slides you haven't bothered to scan yet? If you have a DSLR and a remote, scanning all of those is all within a push of a button!
Scanning old slides are a bit of a hassle but with this technique devised by the folks at Botsmedia in the Netherlands, you’ll never look at scanning the same way again! Here’s how you can automate and expedite the whole process!
- Slide projector with remote timer
- DSLR with a macro lens
- Remote timer for DSLR
- Macro rail
- Take the lenses out of the projector and put a tranluscent piece of plastic behind the glass and the slides
- Set the camera on aperture mode
- Set the aperture to a high enough depth of field like f/5 and above.
- Manually focus on the slides
- Adjust the macro rail to crop the photo without borders
- Set the projector timer to fast mode
- Start the remote timer and relax!