Create your very own Lomo LC-A case from denim! This is very easy to do and adds a nice touch to your camera's look. See how I did it after the cut.
I just received my LC-A and it was awesome. But I had a problem, there was no strap attached to the camera. So I decided to make a case with a strap by myself. I started to sketch the pattern of the case on a piece of paper.
Here are the dimensions:
- Base : 11 cm x 3 cm
- Back : 6 cm x 11 cm
- Side : 3 cm x 6 cm
- Front : 3 cm x 6 cm
The materials and tools you’ll need are:
- Sewing kit
- Unused jeans or denim scraps
- Tripod socket (optional)
Here are the steps:
- After drawing the sketch of your pattern on the paper, glue it to the cardboard.
- Cut the cardboard in 2 pieces: base and back-side-front. Don’t forget to make small spaces on the front for LC-A switches.
- After cutting the jeans a little bit bigger than the cardboard, cover the whole cardboard with the denim. You can also apply glue to the fabric.
- Sew the edges of the denim and make sure you also get the outer side after cardboard. You can make “ear” loops for the strap, too.
- You then fold the back-side-front as the pattern. Sew and join the back-side-front parts with the base. Make sure it’s strong enough and you can add glue if you like.
- If you want to add a tripod socket, you can make a hole at the base to make room for the tripod socket.
- The final step is to decorate your case! You can add accessories or even write your name on it! Attach a strap to your case and you’re good to go.
Enjoy your vintage-looking denim LC-A case!
The Lomo LC-A is the camera that started the Lomography movement. With full controls and wide ISO range, this automatic gem is perfect for beginners and professionals alike. Get your own Refurbished LC-A in our Shop!