All the dullness of being day in and day out at the office can take a toll on your life. Add a little bit of life in your office space with a small plant, using film canisters!
not everyone has a green thumb, but trying to grow a plant is a rewarding experience everyone has to try at least once in their lives. If you’re pressed on space and don’t have a garden, you can try out this gardening Tipster, which uses just a couple of handy household items.
- 2 liter soda bottle
- 1/2 pound deli cup
- 7 film canisters
- little strips of fleece/cloth
- Cut slits on opposite sides of the deli cup and pass the strips of cloth through so that they will reach to bottom of the soda bottle.
- Use a square piece of cloth to hold the moisture so that the wicks from the separate film canisters will absorb the water from there.
- Push a nail through the bottom of each film canister and thread a thin strip of the cloth through that. The wick should extend up into the planting medium and out of the canister to contact the cloth in the deli cup.
- Put a little bit of soil and some seeds of indoor plants/herbs and watch it grow!
Information used for this article was sourced from fastplants.ning.com