Have a present for a fellow analogue lover? Why not decorate that present in a film themed style with a 35mm film bow. Here's a simple and easy guide using materials you will more then likely have around the house.
- 35mm film strips
- Super glue (you could also use double sided sticky tape or a stapler)
Estimated time to complete: 15-20 min
1. Cut 6 strips all the same size. I cut mine to 15cm but you could go bigger or smaller depending on what bow size you want.
2. Place glue on the bottom inside of each strip, and then fold over.
3. Repeat the last step until you have 5 pieces folded and glued.
4. Now think of it as if your trying to make a 5 petal flower shape by layering each of the 5 strips on top of each other and gluing the back down.
5. With the 6th piece of film strip I cut, I folded the two sides in at the back to meet in the middle as shown.
6. Then glue it into the centre and you will have a bow shape
For a finishing touch I used the final left over bits of film i had left and cut off the sprockets from each side and rolled it into a tight ball, which I then smoothed out at one end and glued it into place underneath.
The bow I made is about 15cm in diameter. If you want a smaller bow, just cut the strips smaller at step 1 or for a bigger bow cut longer strips.
I think this could make a lovely addition to a gift’s appearance. Whether the gift is something from the Lomography shop like film for an analogue loving friend or just a simple decoration on top of a gift for a friend who knows nothing about film.