A lightbox is one of the best ways to display your best photos, whether it be at an art gallery or at the comfort of your own home. Here's how to make one!
- Soda box – the more vintage looking, the better!
- Screws and screwdriver
- Mounting adhesive
- Light source – a battery operated LED or fluorescent one will do.
- Measure the soda box and have someone at the hardware store cut you an acrylic sheet with those dimensions.
- Note where you want to place the hinges on the acrylic.
- Print one of your photos with the dimensions as the acrylic sheet. You can add some allowance up top if you don’t want the hinges messing up your photo.
- Using the mounting adhesive, spray the photo evenly. Make sure it’s the photo side up!
- Carefully stick the photo at the back of the acrylic sheet.
- Attach the hinge with screws and a screwdriver.
- Pop in the light source inside the box and you’re set!
Here’s a step by step video tutorial done by photographer Tiffany Angeles