If you've got quite the sweet tooth like me and love instant photography as well, here's a project you can do that covers the best of both worlds!
Instant photography is one of the most interesting things about analogue photography, but due to the cost of instant film, it is also one of the most expensive. One way to lower the cost of shooting instant though, is to make your own camera! It sounds really complicated, but Maxim Grew has detailed his process of making one below!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Instant Film (Fuji-FP 100C works best)
- A lens and a instant film holder
- Adhesive (glue gun or super glue)
- Black tape (Gaffer’s tape recommended but not required)
- Black construction paper
- And a buttload of popsicle sticks
This is a time-lapse video on how to make the camera. Follow closely!
Here’s the end result! Let us know if you do decide to try it out!