As soon as we had the first prototype of the Smartphone Scanner in the office I wanted to use it. But back then we didn't have an application so I started looking around and finally settled on Photoshop Express (free app).
For this quick walkthrough I picked an old roll of film taken in Toronto. It’s a cross processed film – basically the steps are the same for pretty much any film but slide film. And for black and white the color adjustments are not required of course.
If you haven’t installed Photoshop Express yet you can you can download it for free. The first photo in the gallery is how the final result will look like, right below I guide you through all the steps.
- The final result – see the image in full resolution here
- First I’ve selected the crop tool
- Pick the area you want to crop to and then hit OK
- Next I picked the Negative filter
- There is no level feature, but Brightness & Contrast does the trick as well
- Now the photo looks a bit warmer
I hope this tutorial is helpful to you – let us know if you have any more questions!