When you develop film, the longest part is to dry it, Why not put it in a microwave and do it in 2 minutes?
When I develop film i can`t wait, when all the developing is done, and my film has to hang in my bathroom like forever.
So i Decided to take a risk, get it back on the developing Roll and put it into my microwave.
It did not explode. (maybe you use a test piece first, maybe it depends on the power of your microwave)
- First cook it for 30 seconds,
- Take it out when it is Steaming.
- Let it cool down and do again.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times.
- So your film is ready for Scanning, developing or, whatever.
This are some results, shot with Canon AE1 on T-Max 400 pushed to 1600
- Extremely fast
- No time for dust to sit on your lately shot rolls. (Except you fuck it up and drop your wet roll of film)
- And I think I have less water stains than usual but I have to try it more often to prove this
- it comes out a little bit curly (don*t worry about that I will do a tutorial about ironing too)
- I’m not shore if my insurance covers exploding microwaves.
Have fun and more time for shooting.