So, the other day while I was enjoing the photos made with the Splitzer, I've got an idea how to do this device at home, using improvised materials only.
This is what you need to create your own splitzer:
- 35mm film canisters with the cap
- duct tape/ adhesive tape
1. Make the half-round hole in the cap (or anything what you can imagine);
2. Cut the top part of 35mm film canister (7-8 mm);
3. Make two holes on the opposite sides of a ring that we’ve just got, closer to wide part (we’ll attach wide part of ring to camera and thin part to cap so it’ll screw easy). Do the holes so you can slide the scotch tape througn it.
4. Slide the tape through each hole with it’s sticky side downward, then fold and stick together.
5. Set the ring on the lens;
6. Attach with duct tape;
Splitzer is ready!
That’s what you get: