Adoring all those wonderful photos done with the help of splitzer, I decided to make one for my Lomo LC-wide as well. The results are very nice and what is better you can make the splitzer in 10 minutes and achieve great results with stronger vignettes.
All you need are:
- Cardboard paper
- Sharp knife
- Rubber bands
- Plastic film canister
1. Cut a small piece of paper, which will cover just the front part of your Lomo LC-Wide.
2. Then draw a circle according the bottom of the canister and cut it out.
3. You will need the kind of canister as shown on the pictures, I find its cover better for splitzer, because you can still move it around and it does not fall off.
4. Draw a line on the canister, approximately 0.7 – 1 cm from the top and then cut it according the line.
5. Cut the cover of the canister into two halves as well.
6. Now it’s time to put all the things together. Use a tape to stick the rubber bands to the both sides of paper and insert the canister-splitzer into cardboard paper. The canister-splitzer should not fall off but just in case you can use the tape and stick it a bit to the back of paper as shown on the picture.
7. And now you are ready to shoot.
The Lomo LC-Wide boasts the newly-developed 17mm Minigon Ultra-Wide Angle lens. This 35mm camera wonder is the perfect companion for your photo expeditions. It produces eye-catching splashes of colour with astonishing saturation and contrasts with the added versatility of 3 different formats. Open up to a new photographic experience with the LC-Wide, available in our Shop.