Pushing Your Supersampler to the Limit

When I first bought my Supersampler I stuck to the advice of the manual and used ISO 800 film, but I started to wonder if there was another way.

I love my Supersampler. After buying it, I took the advice of the manual and shot lots of photos on Lomo ISO 800 CN film.

One day I decided to shoot some slide film for cross-processing. The local camera shop had some Kodak E100VS film on sale, way below the recommended ISO of 800 for the Supersampler. This is where “pushing” comes in. “Pushing” involves developing the film longer than usual to compensate for low light. Each “push” of one “stop” moves the film up one ISO. I took my Supersampler shots on 100ISO film to a pro lab and had them push the film two “stops”, from 100 to 200 to 400 ISO. These are the spectacular results:

Try it out with your favourite low ISO film and let me know what happens!

The SuperSampler, the queen of multilensed cameras, is now in black. It takes four sequential panoramic shots on a single, action-packed 35mm photo. See all SuperSampler colours and designs in our Shop!

written by stevebarberoffice

1. bombuzaka

bombuzaka

amazing!!!!

2. skrutt

skrutt

Nice! I will try this and ask my local developer if he can do that for me. :)

3. shamini

shamini

Do lomography shops do this? & what do you tell them? to push your film to a high ISO?

4. stevebarberoffice

stevebarberoffice

Not sure if they "push" film at loom stores. If you find a place that does you ask them to push a number of "stops". Each stop doubles the iso number. I had 100iso film that I used as 400 film so that's two "stops", one stop doubles 100 to 200 and the second stop doubles 200 to 400.

5. nicolas_noir

nicolas_noir

@shamini I'm not sure if the Singapore shops use the same equipment, but the lomo lab in the UK will pull/push c41/e6 film by 1.6 stops, as that is the limit of the automated machinery.

6. bernizt

bernizt

ISO 800 is recommended with this camera? I didn't know that!

7. stevebarberoffice

stevebarberoffice

Iso 400 or 800 is recommended. This camera is a hog for light!

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Português, 한국어, Spanish, Deutsch, ภาษาไทย & Italiano.