Off-camera lighting and a powerful Lomography flash is the best way to get really spooky, pretty feaky, VERY GHOSTLY images. Find out more after the jump!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- a camera with a ‘bulb mode" (I used my La Sardina and my Diana F+ with an instant back)
- a flash (I used the Diana F+ Flash)
- a Buddy
- a tripod
- a really dark spot ( I couldn’t find a really dark one, so semi-dark would work too)
- a cable release makes things a little easier
1. Set up your camera on the tripod and frame your shot. If using a cable release, attach it an open the shutter. Remember to set it on bulb mode or you might get black images (shivers)!
2. Sneak your way into the frame and use your flash to fire light at yourself. Try firing from different angles to get freaky results. These are some of mine:
You may not get exactly the same-looking pictures, but guaranteed they would be freaky and spooky in their own unique way!
Great trick to use with Halloween is just a teensy bit away. Get flashing!
Treak or treat!