Lca_120_september_2014_header

Recognize Your Roll

A quick and easy little tip to mark your full rolls of film.

When going on day trips or on a Lomowalk, I usually bring loads of film with me, but I like to keep them in one pouch. To avoid confusion and having to remember which rolls I shot, I came up with this:

These little round and colorful stickers always help me oversee the situation in my film pouch. I take a strip of them with me and stick them on top of the film canisters so I know which rolls I shot that day. Not only are they handy for that, I also like to write little notes on them so I know what purpose they have, such as ‘x-pro’ and the initials of a Lomobuddy’s username I’m doing doubles with, and for whom the roll is intended.

I think they can be bought from anywhere. I bought mine on the stationery floor of a department store.

written by miss_maha

1. ashdinosaur

ashdinosaur

I use masking tape :)

2. marissa

marissa

I use old train tickets... :')

3. chucknoz

chucknoz

I use my memory. The human mind is a wonderful thing :)

4. francesco1

francesco1

cool idea!

5. domo-guy

domo-guy

I use black and silver markers :D

6. ananditya

ananditya

hehe nice on @chucknoz

7. wonderdude

wonderdude

Memory is not a strong point for me, and I usually carry lots of film and multiple cameras.
    In my gear bag, fresh rolls are kept in translucent canisters, inside a ziplock bag. If a canister doesn't already have a product sticker on the cap, I'll write the name of the film on the outside of the canister with a fine-point Sharpie permanent black marker.
    After I finish shooting a roll, I'll write any special details (like, "sprocket rocket," or "shot @200") directly on the roll. Oftentimes, rolls come with pre-printed checkboxes or note areas on them, but the sharpie is able to mark on labels which don't. The used roll then goes into a black film canister kept in a separate ziplock bag.

8. rtkenmore

rtkenmore

I've been debating on a good way to remember what roll is what... does anyone have any suggestions on a storage solution for 120 film until I make it to the camera shop? 35mm obviously comes with a canister but the 120 film I'm finding doesn't come with any type of canister.
  9. skrutt

skrutt

More ideas! How to choose which one to use? :P Better write it down I think, til I find the best solution! Thanks for the tip! :D

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 日本語, Italiano, Spanish, Nederlands, Português, 中文(简体版), Français, 中文(繁體版) & Deutsch.