I decided to do a few experiments of my own, this one is quite citrusy!
Looking through my fridge, I had planned to use lemon juice along with the others for an extra punch, but I guess my mom threw it out. But anyhow, here’s what you’ll need:
A few tangerines or an orange
A small bowl
This experiment was quite easy, but it was a bit messy. Here goes!
1. Peel the orange
2. Squeeze the crap out of it (Or you could just buy orange juice. But squeezing it is quite fun!)
3. Try to fish out the bits of pulp that get into the juice.
4. Pour in the pineapple juice! Pour some for yourself too if you like :)
5. Stir it around a bit.
I pulled the tangerines and orange straight out of the fridge. I’m not sure if that affects it in anyway though…
6. Plop your film in there for some citrusy goodness!
11. Wait for about seven hours.
12. Take the film off and wipe off the excess juice.
13. Pack the roll in rice, make sure it’s covering the entire roll!
14. Leave it in the rice for a few days. ( I left it in for 4 days)
15. To make it easier for myself, I didn’t blow dry the film. I put the roll into the oven at 170 Fahrenheit and left it in there for about 18 minutes.
16. Process/develop regularly. You may want to let your lab know what you’ve done with the film in case anything happens!
My photos came out rather purple. I’m assuming this is because the citrus juices are yellow and orange, which could’ve tinted the film. When it’s inverted, it becomes purple!
Hope you like the results! Try it and let me know how it comes out :)