Dont have money to „buy“ your scans from profi photo studios? Dont have a scanner which scans your negatives? You need to see your shots as soon as possible? Here is my fast tipster...
One day, I was in a situation when I needed to make some scans of my B&W film as soon as possible, with no budget. I wanted to see if my film turned ok. Yes, I know… I can check that easily turning my negative against a light source and check my negatives „manually“… But that’s still negative, and I want to see my shots in a positive way!!!
I have no digitaliza, I have no professional scanner which do scan photo negatives. Only thing what I do own is a god damn old document scanner / printer…a Canon MP 240 , yes exactly, that one which you can buy easily for cheap money in any electro world.. Let´s get it on!
1. Put your negatives to the scanner
2. Set your image dpi settings to 600 (that’s enough)
3. Make a scan (if is there an option to make a „photo scan“ do so…)
5. Wait for your scans and save them to your PC
6. Open your JPEG (or tiff or whatever extension you saved) in any picture manager software.
7. Invert your scans!!! (from negative to positive)
8. Voila! you have your own scans!
If your scans suffer from lack of contrast…enhance your scans with a bit of contrast! These scans are not suitable for example for uploading to lomography.com. This type of scanning is just for your own purposes to see quickly what have you captured.
If you´re planing to scan more in the future in the best resolution, my advice to you is to buy a Digitaliza…that´s the best way for scanning your negatives. And you know why? Because it was made FOR LOMOGRAPHERS BY LOMOGRAPHERS!
I hope this helps tak care, make scans!
p.s. my scans are available only in small resolution…