Do-it-yourself Monster-magnet-mount for the LC-A

A durable magnetic mount for lenses and filters.

I have unfortunately needed to order the Close-up lens for the LC-A + ! The reason: It is made very cheap and the clips to hook the front of the lens are less than optimal in flexibility and destroyed themselves after a period.

I had already thought up the craziest gaffer tape constructions, all of which, unfortunately, irreversible traces were left of my precious LC-As. My friend then had the saving idea: Self-adhesive magnetic sheet!

The rest is legendary simple:

1. Get a magnetic sheet
  2. Cut a ring in the magnetic sheet for the lens
  3. Remove the plastic hooks off the close-up lens
  4. Cut two small rectangular pieces for the LC-A
  5. Stick the ring-shaped magnetic sheet on the Close-up lens, here I used glue for better grip
  6. Stick the rectangular magnetic sheet to the LC-A-hole – can be removed without trace
  7. Done!

written by ruthmut and translated by rav_bunneh

1. metzgor

metzgor

where are the photos?

2. lighttomysoul

lighttomysoul

uhm, sorry, but, I don't understand this article quite right? You say it's made very cheap but yet the price for it is €120 and it says in the description for it that it is made of metal. did the metal just break? I actually want to buy the wide angle lens but if it's gonna break after a while and it is at that price...........

3. lighttomysoul

lighttomysoul

is your camera an LC-A or an LC-A+? because the lens is for the LC-A+ which has those slits on the sides, where I'm assuming the lens hooks on, just like the Splitzer.

4. daforl

daforl

@lighttomysoul i think it's and old lc-a, with no +. you can see it on the camera, there is also on the left side of the lens something and the lc-a+ hasn't that.

5. lighttomysoul

lighttomysoul

@daforl, yeah, this whole article is strange to me. and I don't get it because that doesn't even remotely look like the LC-A+ wide angle lens, it looks like a transparent plastic cap of some sort. hm.

6. galopin

galopin

He's not talking about wide angle lens but close up one.

7. yeknom02

Yeah, there's no mention of a wide angle lens. I'm guessing the close-up lens is just a diopter, too, meaning it should be pretty cheap.

8. ruthmut

ruthmut

Hey guys! In this article ( in german- thanks for the translation!) I am talking about a close-up lens that is produced by fuji. I just bought it on eBay for 10$. The focus is altered to 30 cm when it's put on 0.8 and on 40 cm when it's adjusted on 1,5 and so on...of course the lens can be used for both, the old and the new LCA.

9. shellyotoole

shellyotoole

either way, the idea is a good one. would work well on all interchangeable lens cameras - like the diana! i have been doing this with mine too, otherwise the lenses fall off too easily!
  10. glenn

EXCELLENT

The original version of this article is written in: Deutsch.