Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

LC-A Neck Strap Bracket

Have you ever wished your LC-A could hang around your neck, the right way up, like a Diana F+? This Tipster isn't complete, so I will need suggestions on how I could attach the brackets to the camera for the final product!

I have tried to contact LSI, asking if they are thinking of producing a ‘Ready to Shoot’ bag for the LC-A+, or if they have any ideas as to how I can have my LC-A+ hanging around my neck like a Diana F+, but sadly, no reply.

So I decided to create this Tipster in hope of finding a way of having my camera around my neck in proud display. Although, I will need some help from you…

You will need:
- 2 metal rings (semi-circle or rectangular shaped), the kind that attaches bag straps to the bag, so find an old bag that you don’t mind destroying.
- Scissors, pliers, or any means necessary for removing the rings from the bag.
- Duct tape or electrical tape.

Step 1:
Remove the rings from the bag. Try not to use the pliers to bend the ring out because it will be hard to get the ring flat again, and it needs to be flat to be attached to the camera, I used scissors to cut the bag straps.

Step 2:
Once you have the rings, wrap the flat side with the joint with duct tape or electrical tape. This will prevent the metal ring from scratching the camera.

Step 3:
I need suggestions from you guys on how to attach the rings to the camera, hopefully without much permanence (no screws, drilling, etc). Tell me what you guys think!

written by kerpella

1. falsedigital

falsedigital

Why not just replace the hand strap with an O-Ring and attach a triangular neck strap to that? I don't think you'll find a place to properly mount those rings on the side.

2. leeemur

leeemur

I agree with him^.
    I think the best way would be attaching a neck strap to the place where the hand strap is supposed to be. I don't think you can mount those rings properly without obstructing the film advance wheel.

3. kerpella

kerpella

But the whole point is to have the camera upright... Thats why a Ready to Shoot bag would be perfect. LSI still hasn't contacted me, even after publishing this Tipster! :( I'm actually getting annoyed now...

4. falsedigital

falsedigital

The only other way to have it properly mounted upright would be to make a custom half-case that mounts the camera to the tripod socket. The case can have the strap lugs attached to it like how the FED cases were made.
    Example: http://oi54.tinypic.(…)1ze8qxf.jpg

However since the LC-A is opened and closed at the button you'd have to leave space for the switch. I'm assuming it would be a costly thing to do. Unless you're skilled enough to make the case yourself.

5. leeemur

leeemur

You'd also need to leave a hole at the bottom for easy access to the multiple exposure switch...

6. leeemur

leeemur

Whoops, you said LCA, not LCA+... But, yeah... If you want to do multiple exposures on the LCA, you'd still want access to the bottom of the camera where the rewind button is, right?

7. superlighter

superlighter

For years I try to imagine an effective way to hang my lca ... but every solution has drawbacks.

8. falsedigital

falsedigital

@leeemur - Ah yes, I always shot with the original. I forgot completely about the MX button on the bottom of the LC-A+. I think the case would be downright ugly with that many holes in it.

So back to plan A. Mount an O Ring in place of the handstrap. It's your best bet. I don't think the extra 45 Degree angle is going to be that much of a hassle and/or fashion killer. :P

9. leeemur

leeemur

@falsedigital hahahaha.. that's probably why no one made a ready to shoot case for the LC-A or LC-A+

10. kerpella

kerpella

Aww. I just thought it would look so much cooler the right way up, lol. Thanks anyways :)

11. rav_bunneh

rav_bunneh

If you make all your own clothes out of velcro, you can put velcro to the back of your LCA and stick it at place! :3 lol. I just use the hand strap, but a neck strap would be nice.

12. kamiraze

kamiraze

Honestly, the best solution is the L-case... Lighting fast reflexes, safe from almost anything + it has a picture of the LC-A on the front in the right way...
    I really do not see how you could fix this without drilling; I for one wouldn't trust a bit of glue to keep my camera close.
    Good luck finding a solution :)

13. kerpella

kerpella

@rav_bunneh HAHA! That would be way cool!

@kamiraze Yeah, I guess so. I'll ask for a L-case for Christmas! :)

14. amirulshahrom

amirulshahrom

i found this site on the net http://size2.fem.jp/(…)?page_id=18 . Pretty cool, i would love to have one of this. Maybe we all just have to learn how to make one ; )

15. kerpella

kerpella

@amirulshahrom That is exactly what I need!!! How can I get one? I would have to modify it though, for my MX switch since I have an LC-A+. Thanks so much!

16. amirulshahrom

amirulshahrom

From what i heard, he only sell it in Japan, he doesn't do any worldwide shipping. That's sad : ( , however i'm trying to make a case exactly like the link i have shown you, if it is a success, i will post an article for it : )

17. kerpella

kerpella

Good luck!! :D

18. robodisko

robodisko

That Japanese case looks amazing! Soo wish i could get hold of one in the UK