Add your own flavor to your Lomographs!
Mask has been around for quite some time, but I realized there are more to experiment, and once I started it, I got so addicted to it and now, I even feel almost naked without masks when shooting with my Diana F+!
I first started out with some writings/quotes from my favorite poets, and the first few experiments sort of failed because I didn’t realize I had to turn the mask around or the image on the mask will come out upside down. After doing simple masks, I decided to experiment with color masks, which totally added something magical to the images on top of the patterns I create for the mask!
So, here’s how you do masks.
1. create an image for mask. (I do this with computer, but I’m sure you can go all the way analogue if you want to) The size of the mask should match (or slightly bigger to give it an enough space when taping it in your camera) the size of the frame of your camera you are using.
2. Print it out on transparency. (Transparency could be expensive, but if you print it out on a regular paper and take it to a office supply store to get it copied on transparency, it may cost you less)
4. Turn it 180 degrees counter-clockwise or the image will come out upside down! (Not sure if it applies to all the cameras, but it does at least for Diana F+)
5. Tape the mask on the frame inside your camera.
6. Load the film over your mask.
There are so many possibilities with mask for you to experiment, and now, it’s your turn to add your own flavor to your wonderful Lomographs!!!
138 people like this article
Liking articles helps us to present the best ones to you and others.
138 people like this article.
138 people like this article:
sirio174, odrette, shelleybelley, rik041, nia_ffm, sweetyyydreams, roxanneross, agentvulpecula, eleanorrigby236, faithhopeluv, dkformsma, mallika, pfenya, eringreif, i_am_ni, illy, icuresick, golfpunkgirl, babibomangelo, lislisdotnet, zulaikha-zulkifli, azzzy, mephisto19, iaki, ecchymoses, azabanana, pora-wshbrn, chaoticsense, naqi, larahacefotos, wilfbiffherb, spoeker, toradatanglagi, mikahsupageek, cruesi, adi_totp, jeabzz, kakikamera, stouf, zezefan, renaishashin, kamiraze, mcrstar, tupeloo, yarah, warning, juicystussy, joeay, blormore, leela_dark, natalieerachel, marinar, peropero, erinwoodgatesphotography, whiteranger, kerpella, slivinskaja_, marshrutniy, rissaradicalface, gm_mcleod, 1511, xxashleyyxx, cornborn, amor44, kamaaction, migs720, clickiemcpete, squamy, jodidopanki, zakguy, lucide, coolsigg, naomac, dictaphone, wexfor, hisgirlfriday, rayinla, makeyuu, srmarcus, wen_xiang_chue_93, purple_snow, shyroii, cheerine, tiranapermata, fahlavy, maltacat, mafa, lyndxe, nicoleger, rrrooolll3, mateja, xtina70, paperplanepilot, mgf, boogieroxx, porkchopsandy, nonfrenchiguess, qisthina, lomorosie, amberskolnick, maggiesue, johnccc, spannywannydooda, simplylou, lightblue, myvitaminx, lereile, zosiazadan, aprilia, weiven, ilovefridays, mariamaslam, mango_mash, shiseiten, jschussler, badjuju, dannielle, julita-, sjura, fishy, jarka, hollywoodpunk, iren, guinastrapazi, meg0611, sunshinebaby, dagmik, bubblegirl, lawypop, lynxalb00, girllilikoi, magtokidoki, appelmoes, original_j2, zekalinova, nakis, sjb, and sarah-addison-dobard.