Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

PWD - Photographing While Driving

DWIs (Driving While Intoxicated) are bad, but PWDs (Photographing While Driving) can be great!

Have you ever been driving and seen something really cool, but didn’t have the time to stop? Now you don’t have to, because you can take your photos while the car is moving. This tip works during the day or at night and can get you great results.

First off, I would recommend only using your camera if you are the passenger and not the driver, you don’t want to get into an accident or a ticket.

Other than that the idea is pretty simple. Grab your favorite, get in the car and start snapping away. I have found that the Supersampler works especially well for daytime shots while the car is moving. And nighttime can open up a lot of opportunities for any camera with a B setting (I used the Diana F+).

Overall, I am quite happy with my results and I fully plan on keeping my camera close on any drive, because I never know what my cameras might see.

written by jblaze823

1. cinzinc

cinzinc

i always do this, whether im driving, or in the passenger seat. but i like to call it a "drive-by"hehe.

2. azurblue

azurblue

And it's perfect for happy accidents (but sometimes, no). ;-)

3. superlighter

superlighter

I know it's dangerous but I like it! Snap & Drive! WoW!

4. stouf

stouf

Yeah ! Nice one ! And its the best way to spend time when the trip is boring...

5. dirklancer

dirklancer

I call them "drive-by-shootings", is that inappropriate? ;)
    Here's my favorite (yes, it's a very large shuttlecock): http://www.lomograph(…)tos/5887328

6. paramir

paramir

Yes, great fun! I keep my Diana loaded and ready at the passenger seat... winding at the traffic lights...

7. jblaze823

jblaze823

great comments everybody. I knew I wasn't the only one out there doing this and I think it is awesome that everyone is sharing their shots on this post. Everybody has such great photos

8. dazb

dazb

Good stuff. I often find myself photoing whilst on the roads, mainly when I'm in traffic :) Have submitted a few..

9. comezone

comezone

great submissions! here´s one I took... I love it... http://www.lomograph(…)hotos/78433

10. aim2run

aim2run

this is cool. even in the rear passenger's seat, you can get some cool shots. the ones i just submitted were taken from the back seat of a bmw 3series on the 101 (stiff suspension with a rough road). sorry it's not taken from the driver's seat. i think i have some of those too i could pull out from my computer. cheers.

11. zafo_lomo

zafo_lomo

Hahaha, the classic one - did this in the night with an SLR once - wasn't the best idea... total blackout for a few seconds; luckily nothing happenend. Here is a Horizon-Driving-Shot: http://www.lomograph(…)tos/5907384

Submissions are hidden while this competition is running

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(繁體版).