Heat up your film and add a little whipped cream!

This experiment does exactly what it sounds like! The best thing is that unless the whole thing melts you can develop this normally at your favorite lab!

• Bake in the oven at 150 degrees or gas mark 3 for 10 minutes
  • Leave to cool in the oven
  • Develop as normal

I used Agfa Precisa (cross-processed) and it gave all the shots a slightly baked look, with a purple/blue tint and lots of grain. Other shots became greener rather than the usual orange/brown.

written by mandi

1. stouf

stouf

YaY ! Yummy grain ! What a cook !

2. vicuna

vicuna

Cool texture on the shots!

3. breakphreak

breakphreak

well, nice shake for the emulsion I guess. But 10 minutes? I've thought that for this time the film itself is under a high risk of being melted. Thanks!

4. comezone

comezone

risky delicious!

5. mandi

mandi

hm... i don´t remember posting this (i guess someone transfered it from an older one) because i would have done a little selection.
    so, this will be the first and probably the last time that you can see all shots from the one roll of film i shot on the way from the office to my kitchen.

6. mandashitley

mandashitley

@ mandi, I remember reading this before. I think hey are in the transferring process? I keep seeing a lot of things I know I have seen before. Although I don't remember reading labrats things on the old website. Maybe it was through the email.

7. mandashitley

mandashitley

@ mandi, I remember reading this before. I think they are in the transferring process? I keep seeing a lot of things I know I have seen before. Although I don't remember reading labrats things on the old website. Maybe it was through the email.

8. pampalina

pampalina

helloo. cool shots! I tried baking a roll in the oven the way you suggested and it melted, even though i set the oven for the lowest tempreature. probably it was because of the oven (fairly old,but working well), or 10 minutes was too long. anyway i will try it again...I wish all of you better luck with it!
  9. laszlo

laszlo

Did you bake the film before or after you took a photos?
  10. aninhasgoo

aninhasgoo

did anyone tryed with negatives?
  11. kmcburnie

kmcburnie

This may seem like a stupid question, but would this work for all film types?

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(繁體版), Československy, Nederlands, Türkçe, Português & Deutsch.