Pop 9 - Multiple Images

I was bored with always having 9 identical images from my Pop 9 camera and while waiting for a new POP 9+ camera that allows multiple exposures I had the idea of making a multiple exposure film playing with some black tape to darken some of the 9 lenses. The greatest difficulty is to reload the film so that the second exposure matches in the best way possible the first one to recreate the usual 3x3 image grid.

I was bored with always having 9 identical images from my Pop 9 camera and while waiting for a new POP 9+ camera that allows multiple exposures I had the idea of making a multiple exposure film playing with some black tape to darken some of the 9 lenses. The greatest difficulty is to reload the film so that the second exposure matches in the best way possible the first one to recreate the usual 3×3 image grid.

I solved this problem by sticking the grid over the lenses so that each time the new exposure does not match the previous one. To emphasize the final effect you can also put some colored gels over the flash to create a multi-colored explosive Pop experience! At the moment I’m working with a 4+4+1 triple exposures pattern and in the future I also want to try a 9 times multiple exposure film for a total of 324 different images (9 images on each photo) on a 36exp film!

Check out the microsite for more information!

written by superlighter

1. vicuna

vicuna

That's a really fantastic Pop9 mod!! Bravo Aurelio! :))

2. lomosexual_manboy

lomosexual_manboy

Doing nine individual images per shot would be awesome. It would just take a little time and dedication.

3. fash_on

fash_on

excellent tip :D

4. superlighter

superlighter

hey! nice surprise to see my pop9 tip showed to the lomo-masses :))
    but It seems that there is a (copy & paste) mistake(?) in this part "I solved this problem by sticking the grid over the lenses so that each time the new exposure does not match the previous one." this have no sense...
    well, the best way to do a good job is to prepare the camera in these 4 easy steps:
    1 open the backdoor and before you load the film arm the shutter (manually turn the sprocket wheel untill you heard a "click")
    2 fire the shutter (now the camera is...inizialized)
    3 now load the film and stick it to the take-up spool, I reccomend you to mark the sprocket hole that couple with the sprocket wheel (for the next reload operation)
    4 close the back cover, arm and shoot!
    Repeat these steps each time you made a new film exposure!

I've experienced some difficulties in the negatives reading becouse of the big difference of light due to the fact that in the same negative I've mixed daylight shots with night shots with coloured flash. I know this can be somehow limitative but it's better to made the multiexposure under the closest lights conditions for a better final lomopleasure! :))

Cheers and have a nice LomoWeekend!

5. saviorjosh

saviorjosh

very creative! interesting idea for a somewhat boring camera.:)

6. lomodirk

lomodirk

Wow, well done !

7. mephisto19

mephisto19

cool tip
    i only made single shots with dark party and without that double
    that really makes it more interesting, although i really like pop9...

8. vinter

11. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

OMG, you do this in 2008, the real mx guru

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  12. superlighter

superlighter

@hervinsyah thank you! :-)

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Português, Italiano, 日本語 & Spanish.