Hey guys! Who says expired films are a bust? These babies often give us the most unexpectedly brilliant results, so we thought you might like to experiment with expired emulsions this weekend!
Your favorite camera
Rolls of expired film (seriously, because one ain’t enough!)
A group of friends
Food and drinks
1. Call all your friends and tell them you’re having a “portrait project”/party with free-flowing drinks at your place.
2. Set up your portrait studio near the front door. This way you can snap photos of everyone coming in.
3. Get your expired films ready and load up your camera. If you’re the experimental type, check out our Tipsters to see what else you can do to add extra oomph to expired film.
4. Start playing some party music and wait for your friends to arrive.
5. Once they make their way to your door, snap away!
6. When the party is over, get all your films processed and invite your friends again to your “portrait exhibit”.
Tons of fun on an otherwise boring weekend afternoon
Addition of much-needed element of surprise in your life
Artistic release and experimentation
Get some costumes ready for more wacky photos
Pair expired film with camera accessories and try using different cameras!