A fully-mechanical shooter similar to the retractable lens cameras by Minox, the Chinon Bellami wows camera collectors with its moody lens and barn doors.
The Chinon Bellami is a compact 35mm film camera. It has a dedicated flash that attaches to the side of the camera and barn doors that open when the camera is in use.
The Bellami is designed for quick shooting. Its small body (without the flash) makes it an ideal camera for street photography. The barn doors hiding the lens easily open up with every wind of the film advance lever. Some users would even say that the Chinon Bellami delivers moody photos that are similar with the Lomo LC-A.
Chinon Bellami Technical Specifications:
- Lens: Chinonex Color 35mm f/2.8 (4 elements in 3 groups)
- Focusing: Manual scale focusing with Zone Focus Marks – 1m to infinity
- Shutter: SEIKO Program EE Shutter, Speeds from 1/8 to 1/1000 sec.
- Exposure Meter: Cds EE Exposure System, EV6 – 17(ASA 100), ASA25-400 (DIN 15 – 27)
- Film format: 35mm
- Film advance: Single-Stroke Manual
- Flash: Dedicated Chinon S-120 Side Mounting
- Dust Cover: Dust cover opens and closes with the film advance lever. Meter switch is activated while the dust cover is fully opened.
- Battery Check: Built-In Green LED
- Slow Shutter Speed Warning: Built-In Red LED
- Power: Two Alkaline 1.5V LR44 or Two 1.5V Silver Oxide SR44 Batteries.
- Weight: 220g (8.8 oz.)
Check out these shots taken with the Chinon Bellami by our very own community members: