Dubbed as an ideal analogue camera for beginners, the FM10 boasts a myriad of features that can definitely teach photography newbies a trick or two when it comes to shooting. Read on to find out more about this trusty SLR from Nikon.
First released in 1995, the Nikon FM10 was intended for sale in Asian countries but is now widely available in Western countries too. The FM10 is a manual focus 35mm film SLR camera that shoots true with its reliable Center Weighted metering and high-quality lens.
The FM10 is actually manufactured by Cosina in Japan, lens and chassis included for Nikon. With its wide array of design features and easy handling, the FM10 can be an easy favorite for SLR shooters who are looking for a quick change in shooting style. The Nikon FM10 comes in a robust metal and plastic body that blend seamlessly to provide a solid grip without sacrificing too much weight.
Even if the Nikon FM10 was designed for photography newcomers, it can definitely produce high-quality photos once in the right hands.
Nikon FM10 Technical Specifications:
- Type of Camera: Manual focus 35mm SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera with focal plane shutter. Includes Zoom Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.5-4.8 lens.
- Exposure Modes: Manual
- Picture Format: 24mm x 36mm (standard 35mm film format)
- Lens Mount: All metal Nikon F Mount.
- Usable Lenses: All Nikkor AF-D, AI-P, AF-I, AI-S and AF-S lenses.
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level, pentaprism type; Diopter: Standard -1 dp (optional diopter adapter available)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed with split image microprism and matte field
- Shutter Speeds: 1 to 1/2000 second, plus Bulb
- Shutter: Vertical travel, metal focal plane shutter
- Flash Synchronization: X sync only at 1/125 or slower
- Accessory Shoe: Standard ISO-type hot shoe.
- Self Timer: Mechanical self-timer, approx. 10-sec release delay.
- Depth of Field Preview Button: Built-in
- Multiple Exposure: Available
- Power Source: 2-SR44 (1.55V) or 2 A- LR44 (1.5V)
- Weight (without batteries): Approx. 14.7 oz.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.5 × 3.4 × 2.in.
- EV range: EV 2 to 19 at ISO 100
- Exposure control: Manual control, guided by built-in light meter
- Frame counter: Additive type, automatically resets to S when camera back is opened
- Frame coverage: Approx. 92% with 50mm focal length set at infinity
- ISO range: 25 to 3200 (manually selected)
- Magnification: 0.84x with 50mm set at infinity
- Optional Accessories for FM10: DK-5 Eyepiece Cover, Eyepiece Adapter, Eyepiece correction lenses – 0 DPTR., +0.5 DPTR., +1.0 DPTR., +2.0 DPTR., +3.0 DPTR., -2.0 DPTR., -3.0 DPTR., -4.0 DPTR., -5.0 DPTR.
- Tripod socket: Standard 1/4″ × 20 thread
- Viewfinder information: LED exposure display using – - O + display
- Zoom Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.5-4.8: Attachment size: 52mm
- Zoom Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.5-4.8: Dimensions and weight: Approx. 63mm diameter x 64mm extension (2.5″ × 2.5″), Approx. 200 grams (7 ounces)
- Zoom Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.5-4.8: Minimum shooting distance: 0.4 meters
Check out these Nikon FM10 shots from our community members: