The second model from the Contax T series of compact cameras, the T2 was designed and made with professionals and luxury consumer markets in mind. Find out more about this truly drool-worthy and coveted film compact in this installment of Lomopedia!
One of the cool compact cameras on our must-have list, the beautiful Contax T2 remains to be coveted and lauded by camera collectors, film photographers, and street snappers from all walks of life. It was released in 1990 as the second model of the Contax T series of high-end compact cameras, and came in champagne silver, black, and gold-plated finished.
Said to be a competent rival of the Ricoh GR cameras, the T2 was equipped with a multi-coated 38mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar Lens, which Bellamy Hunt of Japan Camera Hunter noted was the sort you find on a high-end SLR at the time.
- Type: 35mm AF compact with auto exposure and flash
- Negative size: 24 × 36 mm
- Lens: Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar f2.8/38mm 5 elements in 4 groups
- Aperture range: 2.8-16
- Focusing range: 0.7 m to infinity
- Shutter: Between-the-lens shutter, electronic control for aperture priority (Av) and programmed (P) auto exposure. Electronic release.
- Shutter speeds: 8 -1/500s
- Metering system: External SPD, centre-weighted average with AE lock
- Metering range: EV 3 – 17 (ISO 100)
- Exposure compensation: +/-2 EV in 1/5 EVsteps;
- DX range: ISO 25 – 5000, non-DX film = ISO 100
- Focusing: Automatic or manual focusing from 0.7 m to infinity
- Viewfinder: Bright frame; Display Focussing frame picture area frame shutter speeds, exposure compensation marks, focus indicators, flash mark, programme (P) mark
- Flash: Built in with anti red eye feature
- Flash range: 0.7-3m with lSO100. recycling time approx. 3.5 s (with new battery at normal temperature)
- Self-timer: Electronic, with10s delay, cancellable, red LEDsignal
- Film loading: Auto loading and advance to frame no. 1
- Film transport: Automatic wind/rewind with auto stop, midroll rewind possible
- Camera back: With ceramic film pressure plate, exchangeable for data back
- Battery: 1 x3 volt lithium battery (CR123A or DL123A)
- Dimensions: 119 × 66 × 33 mm
- Weight: 295 g (w/o battery)