For precision photography with a stand-out, old-school vibe, pick up a FED 5. That's if you have the tenacity, patience and some brawn to tame its hefty body and finicky character.
The latest model of a remarkable Russian rangefinder series inspired by the legendary Leica, FED cameras are the closest you can get to top-notch classic photography without hurting your pocket. The clunky FED 5 conveniently has a selenium light-meter that allows one to quickly work out the appropriate shutter speed and aperture for various light conditions on the light reading ring. And the brilliant lens and nifty hotshoe simply closes the deal. Moreover, the smooth “clack!” of the shutter with every snapshot has an approving appeal that adds auditory pleasure. The industrial scent of oil perfumes this beast of steel, adding another sensory dimension that gets an adventurous and inquisitive soul “all FED up” in no time!
photo from russianplaza.com
FED 5 TIPS AND REMINDERS:
1. Know every nook and cranny of your FED 5. Read the manual: it will reward you sooner with gorgeous results.
2. Blurry viewfinder? Adjust the dioptric adjustment ring on the viewfinder until you get a sharp image.
3. ALWAYS CHANGE THE SHUTTER SPEED ONLY AFTER COCKING THE SHUTTER. Doing otherwise will mess up the camera.
4. Open up your eyes to a f/2.8, focus solemnly, and take moony portraits of objects, animals and people…
5. Be in the picture! Prop up your FED on a tripod (or a stable, level surface) and dial the the self-timer crank.
6. FED 5s make stunning black and whites!
review & gallery by http://www.lomohomes.com/eazy360