Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
Check out our requested posts for October.
Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Oktoberfest Celebrations: Did you have a blast during Oktoberfest? Pics, or it didn’t happen. Show us how fun it was and tell us about your crazy, beer-fueled celebration.
Analogue Horror Story: Is there a popular but scary folklore that you’d like to tell us about? Or do you have a favorite horror flick that inspires you to take photos that emulate the said movie? Bring out your cameras and take photos inspired by your horrific tales, just in time for Halloween.
- Your Autumn Story: Autumn is finally here. Aside from the dramatic colors and enchanting scenery, what makes autumn special for you? Do you have an autumn memory worth sharing, and were you able to preserve it in photos? Share your autumn story with the rest of the community, and show the beauty of fall in photos.
- My Day in Analogue: Whether you’re a student who’s going back to school or a nine-to-five-guy who’s back from vacation, we’re interested to know about what a day in your life is like. We’d like to take a peek into what a day in the life of our fellow lomographers, so we’re encouraging you to make an analogue photo diary. Using your analogue cameras and favorite films, document your daily routine, activities, hang-outs, haunts, friends, colleagues — anything that would show us a slice of your life — and write a little something about them.
- Happenings on Film: Whether it’s a concert, exhibit, sports event or festival, share it with the rest of the community through pictures and let them know what’s happening on your side of the world.
- Fresh from the Lab: We’re always curious about what our fellow lomographers have been up to. So, if you’ve got a new set of beautiful photos, fresh from the lab, that you’re itching to share with us, tell us about it in this new series!
- Oktoberfest Destinations: Aside from Munich, and other places in Germany, Oktoberfest is celebrated in different cities around the world. From Argentina to Brazil, Canada to Southeast Asia, Oktoberfest is a much-awaited opportunity to celebrate music and culture, and to just have a grand beerguzzling time. Tell us about your favorite Oktoberfest hotspot and what happens there when the celebration begins.
- Spooky Spots: Is there a place in your hometown that becomes the talk of the town most especially during Halloween? Is there a spot that trick-or-treaters are afraid to go to? Halloween is just around the corner, and spooky tales of haunted places once again fill the air. Are you afraid of the dark, or braver than the rest? If you have what it takes to lurk around so-called haunted places within your vicinity – whether it’s a cemetery, abandoned building, or an old house – bring your camera and show us just how scary those places are.
- Watering Holes: Still in the spirit of Oktoberfest, tell us about your favorite pub or bar, and what makes it special for you and your friends. Of course, we’d like to see how special it is, so don’t forget to take some photos.
- Lomography Day Trips: Over the past year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- Darkroom Tips: Even if it’s the season for the scariest costumes, ghost stories, and fear of the darkness, there’s no reason for you to be afraid of the darkroom. Help you fellow lomographers and share those darkroom tips and tricks.
- Indoor/Low-Light Photography Tips: Low-light conditions and indoor shots (taken inside pubs, bars, restaurants, coffee shops) can be challenging for any photographer. So, if you’ve mastered taking dramatic snaps without a flash, why don’t you share a trick or two (or more) for those of us who aren’t fans of flash photography and bright studio lighting.
- Lomography Petzval Lens Photography Tips: If you’re one of the lucky owners of the New Petzval Lens and if you’ve been playing around with it for a while, you have most likely discovered some nifty ways on how make the most of your brass wonder. Share those nifty tips and tricks, will you?
- New Russar+ Lens Photography Tips: What about the Russar+? Are you one of the blessed owners of this wide-angle marvel, too? Be a darling and share the techniques you’ve picked up so far.
- Film Experiments: Do you love to tinker with your film rolls to come up with off-kilter photos? Do you use concoctions, film soup recipes, and chemical cocktails for creating funky effects on your film photos? Tell us about your film experiments, and show us what you can do!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
Lomo LC-A+ Instant Camera
Belair X 6-12 City Slicker
Lomography LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400
Lomography Redscale XR 50200 35mm 3 Pack
Lomography Lady Grey B&W 400 35mm 3 Pack
Fuji Instax Wide Film Double Pack
New Petzval Lens
Lomo’Instant Lens Combo
Iblazr LED Flash White
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! If you’d like to discuss the possibility of becoming a regular contributor, feel free to email the editor. Thank you!