Lca_120_september_2014_header

The Magic Yet To Come: Part 3

“Let me tell you about my life turning blue”. Those were the first words the guy on the bench said as he sat down beside me whilst I was eating my lunch. Usually, I prefer to eat alone but there was something about this opening sentence which really intrigued me; so I told him “Sure buddy, go ahead. Tell me about your life in blue”.

Before saying anything else, the guy pulled out an envelope with the words ‘For Lomography’ from his pocket and passed it to me. I opened the envelope and inside was a photo of a blue car in front of a blue house. Then he began with his story:

“This is my house and this is my car. This is where I live. This is what I drive. Before my life turned blue, my house was red and my car was black. Now my walls are blue, my floors are blue, my tables and chairs are blue, my car is blue and my house is blue. My whole life turned blue overnight. I woke up and everything I owned had changed to blue. Even the sheets I was covered in had turned blue since I had fallen asleep. I spent my morning wandering around the house checking all my belongings and wondering how the hell this had happened. I then got changed into my blue clothes, left my blue house, got in my blue car and drove straight here”.

“Wait one minute…your life turned blue just last night?”, I asked.

“Yes. I needed to tell someone about it. I needed to show someone the proof. Now you can see it for yourself and prove I’m not going crazy”.

I was fascinated by the guy’s story but there was one flaw which I’d spotted as soon as he told me about leaving the house. He wasn’t actually wearing blue clothes! He was wearing red trousers and a black T-shirt. So I asked:

“Can I see your blue house and blue car, for real?”

“I’ve shown you enough of my life in blue”, the guy replied, as he got up and walked away from the bench, leaving me with the photo. “Anyway, the photo shows you more about what’s coming than anything I could show you for real would. Look at the photo. Forget my blue car. Forget my blue house. Forget what you see and forget what I’m telling you I see. These are insignificant matters. Rather, you should think how about how I see what I see. Then you will understand what’s coming Mr. Mölo [how did he know my name?]. Just remember, the photo is real and that’s all that matters”.

The Challenge For You…

It’s been a few weeks since my encounter with the guy. But still I look at the photo he gave me and don’t have any idea what it could mean. I have a feeling the whole story of his life in blue was a trick to somehow misguide me on my quest for the real truth here. I know it’s got something to do with Lomography and it hides some secret message. So that’s why I came here to ask you. Do you have any idea what all this means? If you have any thoughts at all, please shout them out in the comments section. I would truly appreciate it!

P.S We will even be awarding 20 Piggy Points to the 10 people who make the funniest and craziest guesses about what could be on the way as part of our mystery stories (don’t worry about them being true!). And please share the news of my story with your friends; who knows, perhaps then it will be easier to work out the secret.

Missed the stories so far? Catch them here!

written by Lomography

1. cabreb

cabreb

Lomochrome Blue!

2. cabreb

cabreb

Joking. The blue thing is written to mislead. First clue: we have met before. Second clue speaks about going far (detailed pictures) and wide (wide lens) and about returning to "your roots". Third clue: we have to accurately check the picture. It's obviously a camera with a sharp glass lens. The zoom thing is not a real zoom, but an enlargement to show lens' sharpness. The LC-A is at the roots of Lomography. Squared, sharp, pictures. My LC-A (original one) has prooved to be very sharp and detailed. Also the vignetting of the picture resembles me the LC-A's one. It's without doubts a LC-A that takes square pictures with proper spacing between frames! Lomography still doesn't have a proper square format 35mm camera. Diana mini takes square pictures, but it's more a half frame camera because of the big spacing left between square frames.

3. qlamerand

qlamerand

Ah maybe a tele conversion lens for the Diana premium 75mm glass lens... I would definitely buy a bundle with the lens and tele converter!

4. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

uhh.. the diana is blue.. and the diana baby 110 is cooming nearly the 22. august 2012.. a instamatic diana with two lenses.. ohhh yes

5. davecmorrow

davecmorrow

A new lens for the Konstruktor??? That would be cool :)

6. maaikel

maaikel

The big return of the 126film! Including a camera with different lenses and for the real fans a 126film SLR camera. Not cheap but worth every Euro.

7. eefje007

eefje007

Hmmm, lets see. I think it will be an underwater instant camera. Yes, that 's it.
  8. trash-gordon-from-outer-space

trash-gordon-from-outer-space

i want that @eefje007

9. micky_s

micky_s

lomochrome blue.... oooooor actually, i think the fact that the guy only just woke up and found his blue house, but still somehow managed to take a photo and print it... lomo are you going down the instant film route? Lomography instant film for the upcoming lomo instant camera? maybe it's blue, maybe it's red, maybe it's a rainbow! :)

10. smallone

smallone

It can be a wide screen rangefinder. What you see in the square is the normal viewfinder. Outside it what you see in a super wide screen format as with the russar+.
  11. trash-gordon-from-outer-space

trash-gordon-from-outer-space

great idea @micky-s I was just wondering: Why hasn't anyone invented a x-pro-instant film yet? Could you please do that, lomography? Yes? Please?

12. stouf

stouf

I would go for a Russar+ lens for medium format cameras.

13. herbert-4

herbert-4

I still want a return of #115 roll film. My Grandmother had a "Corona Camara #115". It had a lens called "Cuadro Milagro", focused, variable shutter with B, T, 1- 1/100, and made 8, 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 negs per roll. How about a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch like the above with f/5.6 Tessar? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

14. radiantredrose

A teleporter like the one in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory - except it transports you into a medium format world instead of a TV!? :3
  15. mzeitz

Did anyone else notice the license plate? It stands out visually because of its contrast with the blue. I can't quite make out the letters, but they still look clear enough to me to be deliberate. It almost looks like it begins with "DOF"--depth of field, obviously.
  16. casi

casi

Check out picture 0 (zero) on the countdown... The guy with the red/white shirt is wearing the mystery product around his shoulder.

17. alienmeatsack

alienmeatsack

Has anyone tried chasing down all of the photo they are using for this to see if the authors names/folder names etc are also clues?

I'm still thinking something square format. And the Diana thing makes sense to some degree because the Diana line is blue and black. But looking back at other clues, I feel like its more obvious then we are allowing it to be. Or they are talking in circles way more then we want.

18. adi_totp

adi_totp

the camera is blue and have two lenses! hahaha

19. clickiemcpete

clickiemcpete

Its got to be a two lens wide and tele camera that you switch back and forth via a rotating turret or sliding optic type arrangement.

20. jc_lomoid

jc_lomoid

Lomo Blues Clues - A revival of square format camera. Perhaps it's an accessory for LCA+.

21. micky_s

micky_s

Actually, after thinking about it,i think there is NO product! It just says stuff about a secret being revealed... Maybe it turns out that everyone at lomography HQ are blue time travelling aliens made from wood...?

22. frenchyfyl

frenchyfyl

Yes @clickiemcpete, I think you're right !

23. alienmeatsack

alienmeatsack

So, can someone please explain to me how "blue" has -anything- to do with this new 120 format LC-A? The camera isn't blue. The film isn't blue. The lens isn't blue. There's no blue on the camera anywhere, it's black with some white text and a few tiny dots of colors for the focus zones, none of which are blue.

about 1 month ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Français, Deutsch, 中文(繁體版), Türkçe & Nederlands.