Lca_120_september_2014_header

Awesome Albums: Petzval Flower Portraits by antiox

Today's awesome album is a love story between the swirly bokeh of Petzval Lens and the cinematic charm of tungsten film!

With its romantic appeal, Petzval Power Portraits by antiox put the spotlight on the exquisite beauty of various blooms at the lovely Gardens by the Bay Flower Dome.

Delicate as it may seem but these set of flower shots were taken with a completely powerful combination of gears and film. The Nikon FM2n mounted with the Petzval Lens and loaded with the Lomography Cine200 Tungsten Film produced cinematic photographs with luscious bokeh and moody bluish tones. These all add up to the album’s dreamy atmosphere that can no doubt make anyone head over heels in love with it!

See the rest of this fine album here.

The Awesome Albums series is exactly what it says on the tin — it’s a love letter of sorts from the Editors addressed to user-uploaded albums that had caught their eye and had inadvertently fallen in love with. Please understand though, they’re really just here to express their love and nothing more.

written by icequeenubia

1. herbert-4

herbert-4

Please, dearest Eunice, try to prevail on LSI to produce the Petzval in M42 mount!!! Without M42, they are neglecting the most common SLR's in the world!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! Thank you. Herb

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  2. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

@herbert-4 ohhh this would be great.. a petzval with m42 !!! great for all my m42 cameras and easy to adapt on many other cameras!

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  3. herbert-4

herbert-4

@pearlgirl77 A dream Petzval would be T-mount with adapters for EVERYTHING, a real, 9 blade diaphragm, and a slot with cover for novelty shapes Waterhouse Stops... otherwise, Waterhouse Stops are LAME!!!

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  4. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

@herbert-4 but i don't think lomograhpy produce one :(( this is really the only thing why i don't want to buy it now. i don't like my canons :((

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  5. herbert-4

herbert-4

@pearlgirl77 The Petzval is developed and produced by Zenit in Russia for LSI to their specifications. Their market decisions seemed rather young, narrow and novelty driven to me. Anyway, I think I would buy it in M42 and anchor Waterhouse stop with rubber band. T-mount and diaphragm are fond wishes.

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  6. herbert-4

herbert-4

BTW... T-mount would allow M39, Exacta bayonet, SA mount, M bayonet, and other things with different throat sizes and back focus distance. @pearlgirl77

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  7. antiox

antiox

Thank you for featuring my album @icequeenubia ! :D

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  8. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

@herbert-4 but there is no information about they will produce it for m42 or? sorry my bad english ;)
    and @antiox sorry.. hehe.. woonderful album!

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  9. herbert-4

herbert-4

@pearlgirl77 I have heard of no plans by LSI to do a M42 Petzval. So far, they are just having them produced in the most common mounts for digital SLR's, presently. LSI seems to lack a sense of irony in this...

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  10. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

@herbert-4 thats really sad :(

about 1 month ago · report as spam
  11. herbert-4

herbert-4

@pearlgirl77 Yes, M42 would fit my Vivitar 220/sl, and T-mount, I have an Exacta mount adapter to fit my US Navy Beseler Topcon Super D (better than Nikon F). I, also, don't care for Canon very much. I might, eventually buy something like a Nikon FM2n for this, but, not be happy.

about 1 month ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Français.