The Search for Analogue Stars Competition: Portraits Winners Announcement

In line with this year's Film Photography Day celebration, we went on a tough yet exciting search for the best analogue portraits. Our mission's over and now it's time to uncover the fantastic photographs we've found!

Photo by neja

After some deliberation, we are pleased to announce the three Lomographers who shined the brightest among the 2,000 stellar entries in our The Search for Analogue Stars Competition: Portraits!

Gold Prize

pablochmid

Photo by pablochmid

pablochmid takes home a selection of 100 rolls of film picked by Lomography and a brand new Petzval Lens Canon or Nikon mount (or the equivalent prizing in Piggy Points).

Silver Prize

realrampage

Photo by realrampage

realrampage gets a selection of 50 rolls of film handpicked by Lomography and an LC-A+ camera.

Bronze Prize

velvetseahorse

Photo by velvetseahorse

velvetseahorse wins a selection of 25 rolls of film picked by Lomography and a La Sardina Splendour camera.

Congratulations to all our winners! Thank you for celebrating Film Photography Day 2014 by sharing with us your most powerful and most creative portraits. See you all in our next year’s celebration!

written by icequeenubia

1. sirio174

sirio174

GREAT photos!

2. fafascinado

fafascinado

great photos! But I don't think it´s fair that the winner hasn't been around here that long. ONLY 4 PHOTOS ON HIS PROFILE!!!! Clearly uploaded for this competition...

3. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

Congrats all, well deserve

4. grazie

grazie

Wow congrats everyone!!! great selection and congrats to my dear friend @realrampage ! Excellent!
    The bronze prize move me. love it

5. marta1901

marta1901

Congratulations to all of you! @realrampage i love your shot, it's superb! But I am afraid I have to agree with @fafascinado on his statement. There were really high quality pictures in the submissions pool from users that really make an effort to be active in Lomography, comment and like other pictures, encouraging and giving guidance to beginners. And that is a value that in my opinion should have been considered as a plus. But still, I really enjoyed browsing through all the pictures that were submitted :)

6. vici

vici

Congrats @realrampage!

7. poepel

poepel

@realrampage congrats bro. Well deserved

8. stonerfairy

stonerfairy

@fafascinado yeah! Totally agree with you.. join for one, upload 4 photos and won GOLD!! An effort LSI look up to!!

9. djramsay

djramsay

i agree, 4 professional shots obviously set up for this competition and won 1st prize, doesn't seem right @icequeenubia can you comment please? @lsi

10. jimjimm

jimjimm

@fafascinado .... this has all the trappings of a big "fix"..!..

11. pan_dre

pan_dre

Hey everyone! Jumping in here! We simply chose the winners because we loved their shots. There is no rule against fresh people winning a competition. All of you were new to this community at some point and and obviously we alway want to encourage new people to be part of the community and participate. We didn't mean to offend any longtime Lomographers with this but we always look at the picture and not the name, otherwise we would just end up in playing politics of who is allowed to win, who already won too much and exchanging favours. Having judged many competitions over the years it's mostly the more seasoned and active people taking the win, also simply because they sit on an archive of amazing photos. As this competition had bigger prizes I understand this disussion but I hope you understand my arguments too.

12. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

congrats to @realrampage !

my dream of a own petzval is awayyyy ;)

13. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

I think it's ok with the winner because he use an analogue camera & film =)

14. velvetseahorse

velvetseahorse

really blessed and honored to be chosen out of so many amazing photographs! thank you!! thanks @grazie. this is a very sentimental photo to me. cheers!

15. supermegahomers

supermegahomers

Congratulations! The three photos look amazing!

16. wanchaiboy

What's the biggest aperture on a Lomography camera? Nothing close to these pictures- f1.4, f1.8, f2.0- just guessing though...
  17. velvetseahorse

velvetseahorse

@realrampage @pablochmid hi guys! did you receive your prize yet? I am wondering because I still havent recieved mine and have not been able to get ahold of anyone on this site...

14 days ago · report as spam
  18. realrampage

realrampage

@velvetseahorse hi , i recieve my prize like 1 week after i give my adress but @grazie who get 2d prize of landscape still haven't got !!

8 days ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch.