Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
June is a very special month here at Lomography. Aside from events and occasions that people are celebrating all over the world, we’re also celebrating the 30th birthday of our beloved LC-A, and we want you to be part of it!
- A Day with the LC-A: Bring the LC-A, LC-A+ or LC-Wide with you, make an analogue diary, and share your story with pictures. The good news is we’re having an LC-A for a Day lending program in our Gallery Stores, which gives you the opportunity to experience the LC-A+ if you have not chanced upon it yet.
- Lovin’ the LC-A: Most of us love the LC-A simply for the lovely photos it has brought into our lives. But have you ever really done something extraordinary to show your affection for this Russian wonder? If you have, then it’s time to make that declaration! Tell us why you love the LC-A – or the LC-A+,or LC-Wide – and through photos show us what you’ve done to prove that undying love; whether it’s by having an LC-A tattoo, arts and crafts, or anything in between.
- Celebrating with the LC-A: Bring the LC-A, LC-A+ or LC-Wide with you to a party, or better yet the LC-A birthday party at the nearest Lomography Gallery Store and tell us about the grand time you had.
- My First LC-Experience: Do you remember the first time you had your fingers wrapped around the LC-A, LC-A+ or LC-Wide, and knew that it was camera for you? Do you still have the photos from your first LC-roll? Reminisce and share your first LC-experience!
- Shoot Your Daddy: June isn’t for celebrating the LC-A’s birthday alone. Last month was Mom’s month, and this June, it’s Dad’s turn! In celebration of Father’s Day on the 15th, take pictures of that very important man in your life, and tell us all about how he has helped you become who and what you are now. You can also show us photos from when he was a dashing debonair, back in the day.
- Lomo Dad: Treat your father to some place special, hand him a camera, and let him become a lomographer for a day. Tell us about the experience, and how he feels about it too.
- Happenings on Film: Whether it’s a concert, exhibit, sports event or even the upcoming gay pride celebrations, share it with the rest of the community through pictures and let them know what’s happening on your side of the world.
- Fresh from the Lab: We’re always curious about what our fellow lomographers have been up to. So, if you’ve got a new set of beautiful photos, fresh from the lab, that you’re itching to share with us, tell us about it in this new series!
- LC-A Goes To: Going on a vacation or even a day trip somewhere special? Why don’t you bring your trusty LC-A, LC-A+ or LC-Wide, capture the view, and tell us about your trip when you get back? Show us your travel photos too!
- Summer Hot Spots: Even if summer starts only towards the end of the month in some parts of the world, we want to let early sun-worshipers know how excited we all are to learn about where they spend warm summer days, sipping margaritas, riding the waves, or just decked out under the sun. Show us your favorite summer hot spots and tell us why they’re too hot to resist!
- Skate Spots Around the World: The first day of summer in some locations is also Go Skateboarding Day! The picture-perfect weather gives you the perfect reason to skate. Where do you go to stroll, grind, or do an ollie? Show your favorite skate park, or secret skating place to the rest of the community and don’t forget to share why you and your skater friends absolutely love it there.
- Lomography Day Trips: Last year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- LC-A Tips and Tricks: Whether you’re an expert at using a splitzer with your LC-A (or LC-A+ and LC-W) or you’ve discovered some innovative way to use it, by all means, share all that helpful knowledge and spread the analogue love!
- Summer With Your Shutter: How do you shoot vibrant, beautiful images when the sun’s glaring, blazing hot, up in the sky? What’s the best time of the day to shoot, and what makes the perfect subject? Spill those summer photography tips, and show the rest of the community what stunningly beautiful pictures you can produce with so much sunshine.
- Wide Angle Photography Tips: Is wide-angle photography your expertise? Whether for landscapes, quirky portraits, architecture, or street scenes, we’d like to get some tips from you to get awesome snaps of the wide-angled kind!
- Multiple Exposure Photography Tips: Have you discovered a tried-and-tested approach to making impressive multiple exposure photographs the analogue way? All of us here in the community are enamored with doubles and multiple exposures, so we’d be thrilled to find out how you do them!
- Film Destroying Tips: No, we’re not looking for ways to waste those precious rolls. Rather, we’d like for you to share your interesting concoctions, film soup recipes, and chemical cocktails for creating funky effects on your film photos!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
- Belair Instant Camera
- Lomo LC-A+
- Lomo LC-Wide
- Diana F+ Honeycomb
- Fisheye No. 2 Brazilian Summer
- Diana Instant Camera
- Belair Cameras
- La Sardina
- LomoChrome Purple 35mm and 120
- Lomography Peacock 200 110
- Lomography Mixed Film Pack 120
- Color Implosion Surreal CN 35mm
- Cinestill Tungsten X-pro 800 35mm
- Efke Infrared Film
- La Sardina Dresses
- LC-A+ Instant Back
- LomoScanner App 2
- Fuji Instax Share Smartphone Printer
- Portrait Camera Strap
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! If you’d like to discuss the possibility of becoming a regular contributor, feel free to email the editor. Thank you!