Lca_120_september_2014_header

Coming Soon: Analogue Vibes for Digital Lovers - Part 5

Imagine life without mirrors; without those shiny objects that reflect light and allow us to adore our beautiful selves. The vain may find this idea preposterous, but the ones enlightened will acknowledge that a life without mirrors is possible, especially when coupled with cutting-edge technology. And we‘ve come up with the perfect product to complement mirrorless photographic technology.

Photo by linnykins

And so for our very last and important clue, our new product is designed to bring a more creative twist to evolutionary and highly-sophisticated mirrorless technology. Again, no mirrors—-or pentaprisms—- here, just mind-blowing, high-quality, quasi-analogue images crafted through digital means.

This clue is just a small four-thirds of the equation. You may refer to our previous clues before making your prediction. And once your mind’s made up, you can holler your answer in the comments section below.

written by jillytanrad

1. domo-guy

domo-guy

"crafted through digital means" ???? that scares me a lot tbh

2. stratski

stratski

'quasi-analogue'?

3. percyowl

percyowl

Ha! Micro-four thirds is a kind of lens connection for mirrorless cameras such as the Panasonic one I have. I believe Olympus also uses the same lens connection. There are number of pinhole lenses on the market you can connect to a digital camera using the micro 4/3 mount.

4. gborin

gborin

maybe an m43 back of some kind? or m43 mount lomo lenses?

5. superlighter

superlighter

a lomo lens for my m4\3 Olympus? it would be nice! actually I'm use it with a stunning Jupiter 8

6. abecd

abecd

mirrorless? like an olympus pen maybe?

7. guanatos

guanatos

yep or fuji xpro 1.. mmm a lens for mirrorless could be interesting...

8. nuo2x2

nuo2x2

woah, almost miss the most fun part of any new product launch, the wild guessing part that is

"Again, no mirrors—-or pentaprisms—- here, just mind-blowing, high-quality, quasi-analogue images crafted through digital means."
    um, I'm guessing a lens for digital cameras
    please don't be a LomoApp or the likes :(

9. jourdanlynch

jourdanlynch

I am still convinced its going to be some sort of app... please prove me wrong lol...

10. qlamerand

qlamerand

A plastic lens for micro 4/3 system cameras...

11. metobi

metobi

The Diana Lens adapter (already available for Canon EF and Nikon F) for Micro 4/3

12. metobi

metobi

No, I'm guessing a digital camera with interchangeable lenses (M4/3 of course) and pictures that look analogue (MX, filters and stuff). At least the clues hint there:
    - "one-of-a-kind innovation" (p1)
    - "analogue vibes for digital lovers" (p1)
    - "capture every moment in a different hue" (p2)
    - "let you merge two worlds into one, and oh so easily" (p3)
    - "complement mirrorless photographic technology" (p5)
    - "highly-sophisticated" (p5)
    - "mind-blowing, high-quality, quasi-analogue images crafted through digital means" (p5)
    and of course "small four-thirds" (p5)

But Part 4 confuses me...

13. gvelasco

gvelasco

Micro 4/3 refers to a specific sensor size. It is both a 4:3 aspect ratio and it's 4/3" diagonal measurement. I'm with metobi. I think it's a Micro 4/3 digital lomography camera, possibly with interchangeable "lomographic" lenses - plastic, selective focus, vignetting.

14. herbert-4

herbert-4

I'm thinking a Lomography lenses and filters set for Micro 4/3 cameras. Micro 4/3 camera and lenses might be getting out of LSI's comfort zone. That said, I would like a 56mm x 56mm Foveon digital back for common TLR's like Lubitel 166+ and Rolleiflex for <US$400 (impossible dream).

15. jourdanlynch

jourdanlynch

@metobi I hope not... I would hate to start seeing faux-analogue images being uploaded onto Lomography... that's what instagram is for...

16. segata

segata

Sound like its going to be a load of junk intended for use with the 4/3rds Cameras, they can keep that muck as Id much rather keep my analouge shots real and not faked, I'd also like to point out Lomo effects for a digital camera are already possible with photoshop (it is possible to obtain it legally free) and even free apps on my mobile phone, stick to real analouge photography Lomography and give us stuff for our analouge cameras and not junk to make a digital camera feel like one.

17. nuo2x2

nuo2x2

@metobi gotta agree with your second thought

as for the Part 4: "...giving you an amazing view of practically anything in sight. Look at the spectacular images and get it.".

oh God, hopefully it doesn't refer to a LCD display T_T

18. clickiemcpete

clickiemcpete

Definitely a lens set for m4/3 cameras.

11 months ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch, 中文(简体版), Spanish, Français, ภาษาไทย, Italiano, Nederlands & Türkçe.