Coming Soon: Analogue Vibes for Digital Lovers - Part 1

Oh yes, it’s true. Lomography is coming up with an exciting new product. And this new fantastic item will spread analogue vibes throughout the digital realm. We’re thrilled to share our first hint on what this one-of-a-kind innovation will be. Read on and take your guess!

What’s coming soon?

If you love experimenting and have a thing for wonderful surprises, you will simply adore the package we are preparing. It will allow you to instantaneously exercise your creativity, and see more than meets the eye, beyond pixels and megapixels.

And so the big clue is that this exciting, ingenious product will be a source of analogue vibes for digital lovers out there. Can you take a wild guess and tell us what you think it is?

Share your predictions in the comments section below.

written by jillytanrad

1. saidseni

saidseni

But... do we care for digital lovers?

2. tomas_bates

tomas_bates

@saidseni - This is something fun and experimental - that's what we care about most :-) And please get ready to be surprised as this is a product which will be something analogue for something digital. We can't say much more yet, but get ready to be surprised!

3. stratski

stratski

Sounds like the Impossible Instant Lab...

4. jourdanlynch

jourdanlynch

I hope not... the thought of taking screenshots of your iPhone on film completely ruins the concept of analogue photography for me.

5. djramsay

djramsay

and me

6. segata

segata

Its not the digital sensor insert that a bloke came up with is it? I saw the vid on Peta pixel with it stuck in a SLR and whilst it seemed reasonably good to some extent it didnt really seem to have the features to justify the price.

7. dermanu

dermanu

I'm not really sure about this. What could there really be new in this sector, crossing analogue and digital. We have Instagram filters, we have effect lenses for smartphone cams, there is the Impossible Instant Lab. Besides, I'm still waiting for that long-ago-promised "new " accessories for the Lubitel 166+. And what about the exchangeable lenses for the Konstruktor?

8. saidseni

saidseni

@tomas_bates: I am surprised already.

9. guanatos

guanatos

mmm we'll have to wait and see then :)

10. barocio

barocio

smh @people who feel personally victimised over the possible enjoyment of others.

11. snoop

snoop

@dermanu: We are working on the first accessories for the Konstruktor for late 2013, early 2014. For the Lubitel we had the 35mm set right from the start. As with any of our cameras we think how we can improve or add things to it, but as of now, there are no new accessories for the Lubitel in the near future.

12. stratski

stratski

@barocio: +1

13. dermanu

dermanu

@snoop thanks for the info, excited about the new Konstruktor accessories right away ;-)

14. carsten-schmitt

carsten-schmitt

Some time ago I saw an enlarger that uses an iPhone as a source similar to the Impossible Instant Lab but this time using "normal" photographic paper. Maybe something like that?
    Those people complaining about the "digital" should take a step back and realise where they read this (right here, right now) and discuss. It ain't a book. I'll give you a hint... it might be something digital. Most of the users here share their images digitally. How many of us do their own prints in a darkroom? So get off your moral high horse allright.

15. pearlgirl77

pearlgirl77

could be like the polaroid instagram thing?

16. the_anderman

I have absolutely no idea what it could possibly be, but I'm excited!
  17. 4br0k3n3rr0r

4br0k3n3rr0r

The Nikon Fisheye lens?

18. jupigare

jupigare

@carsten-schmitt I agree with you entirely. Doing analog doesn't make a person any "better" than someone who does digital. They're both different ways of the same art form, with their own benefits and quirks. I for one do both, and I respect and enjoy both film and digital cameras for separate reasons. We as Lomographers shouldn't be holier-than-thou because we happen to enjoy analog. I'm sick of seeing that attitude. Also, I do think that Lomo's going to start selling the Impossible Instant Lab or something similar.
  19. metobi

metobi

I hope it's not a program to make your photos look like they're shot on LomoChrome Purple because that's already possible...

20. metobi

metobi

I really hope it's not just software.

21. biblicalshower

biblicalshower

Will it be an announcement of an actual product that will launch, or an announcement of another kickstarter for a new product?

22. chethong

chethong

An Instgram co-branded film scan-filter-share device perhaps? That'll irk some people though.

23. tomas_bates

tomas_bates

@biblicalshower - This will be a product immediately available for purchase. Not a Kickstarter or pre-order.

24. alix-mansell

alix-mansell

LomoApp

25. aguillem

aguillem

I don't think it's the right place, but @alix-mansell mentioned a Lomo app.
    I'd enjoy a lomography app on my smartphone, to look at pictures, articles, notifications, etc. when I'm in the train for instance. A kind a lomography.com adapted to be used on a smartphone.

26. gavclifton

Diana Digital. with no review screen and no menu's just a power switch and a shutter
  27. sykotiko

An instant "analog" printer for Instagrams?
  28. abecd

abecd

petzval lens?

29. gky

gky

Sound like a lomography application for smart phones?
  30. khess

It's probably another lomo lens like my Holga for Canon DSLR or my Diana lens set for my Canon DSLR. What more Lo-Fi effects could we handle? I liked photography before Photoshop--just camera, film and a darkroom for creative exploration. These days any nimrod with a smartphone or photoshop can create all kinds of effects. Kind of taking the fun out of it.
  31. alexkon

alexkon

SUPERHEADZ DIGITAL HARINEZUMI GURU CAMERA?
    I think that getting to work a regular digital camera as a lomo camera is much more interesting.

32. khess

Nope, I was right. Lomo lenses.
    11 months ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(繁體版), 中文(繁體版), 中文(简体版), Русский, Nederlands, 日本語, ภาษาไทย, Deutsch, Türkçe, Spanish, Français, Italiano & Československy.