Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 10 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
This Month’s Requests
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Making Memories in Film: We’d like for you to remember some of the most important milestones in your life, as photographed in film: birth and birthdays, childhood, school days, weddings, travels, parties, and celebrations. Then, tell us, what drives you to keep those memorable moments in film?
- Oktoberfest Celebrations in Film: Went to an Oktoberfest event or celebration with your analogue cameras? Why don’t you share your snaps with us and tell us the highlights of the event!
- Picture This: Wanderlust: For this month’s Picture This challenge, we’d like to see some photos you’ve taken that represent your lust for travel and adventure. Take us back to your best trip ever, show us some selfies you’ve taken while on the road, tell us about your adventures, misadventures, and traveler pet peeves. We bet you’ll have more than one photo for this challenge, so get those travel snaps ready!
- Your Autumn Story: Let the leaves rustle, let the winds blow. Fall isn’t sunny, or warm, or festive at all. But some people absolutely love it when it’s fall. What about you? Tell us your autumn story. Capture and share a memorable event that happens during autumn, or simply tell us why you think it’s the best season of all.
- A Day in the Life of a Student: It’s going to be back to school for some of us, and if you’re among them, we’d like for you to share with us a slice of your life as a student though your photos and stories!
- Oktoberfest Destinations: Heard about an Oktoberfest event happening in your area? Why don’t you keep your fellow beer-loving lomographers in the loop so we can save the date and join in the fun!
- Watering Holes: Got a favorite bar or pub or bar in your city? Why don’t you tell us about the watering holes you frequent, whether to indulge in a drink (or two) after work or to party with some friends!
- Spooky Spots: The end of October marks the annual fright season, and we’re inclined to believe that every city has a spooky spot or two — places that reek of everything eerie and supernatural. Surely, there must be some amongst us who are brave enough to walk through and snap around these abandoned buildings and houses, ruins, ghost towns, and creepy cemeteries…right? We’re itching to be spooked by your photos and stories!
- Autumn Wonderland: There will always be spots and locations where it’s best to enjoy what the seasons have to offer. Autumn will soon start the annual shedding of leaves, so if your part of the world turns into an Autumn Wonderland in the fall season, tell us about it and show us some of your snaps!
- My Alma Mater: Not among those lomographers who are going back to school? Maybe you still have a handful of lomographs you’ve taken around your beloved school campus. Why don’t you walk us down memory lane and show us your snaps of your alma mater, and of course, tell us some of your campus stories!
- Wedding Photography Tips: Is wedding photography in film your specialty? Then, we’d like to pick up some pointers from you when it comes to capturing those special moments in glorious analogue, whether in color or monochrome!
- Travel Photography Tips: Since lomographers are essentially passionate travelers by heart, we’re curious, how do you make sure that you’ll bring home some amazing photographic souvenirs from your exciting trips?
- Spooky Photography Tips: With the annual spook season just around corner, we’re sure many of our fellow lomographers would like to try taking some frightening photographs for the occasion. If you’ve already taken a handful of them creepy lomographs, maybe you can share a tip or two for our fellow lomographers to try out in time for Halloween?
- Indoor/Low-Light Photography Tips: Low-light conditions and indoor shots (taken inside pubs, bars, restaurants, and coffee shops) can be challenging for any photographer. So, if you’ve mastered taking dramatic snaps without a flash, why don’t you share a trick or two (or more) for those of us who aren’t fans of flash photography and bright studio lighting.
- Scan-It-Yourself Tips: Do you have a tried and tested scanning method or technique that allows you to get great results when scanning your negatives? Our do-it-yourselfer lomographers, who already know how to develop their own films but can’t quite get the scanning part right, could definitely benefit from your tips! If you happen to have some tricks on using the Lomography Smartphone Film Scanner, especially for scanning old negatives, that would also fall under this requested post!
- Camera Modification Tips and Tutorials: Are you the type of lomographer who likes to tinker around with your cameras to make them capable of producing wacky, mind-blowing results? We’d like to learn a trick or two from you, so step right up and show us those cool camera modifications!
- Belair X 6-12
- Spinner 360
- Horizon Kompakt
- Fisheye Baby 110
- Diana Deluxe Kit
- LomoChrome Purple 35mm and 120
- Lomography Lobster Redscale Film
- Lomography Lady Grey 400 35mm
- Lomography Redscale XR 50-200 120
- Fuji Velvia 100F 120
- Belair X 6-12 35mm Back
- Belairgon Lenses
- Diana Instant Back
- DigitaLIZA 120
- Lomography Smartphone Scanner
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read this call-out article and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!