Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 10 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
This Month’s Requests
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Lomo Fashion Spread: Ever dreamt of having your work featured on Vogue, Elle, or perhaps Nylon Magazine? Think you have what it takes to be a glamour, fashion, or runway photographer? Or maybe your sister’s a chic style icon who poses really well, and you’d like to share those lookbook worthy snapshots you took? Now is your chance to show off! Tell us about that fashionable moment, and capture all that attitude and pizazz on film.
- Picture This: Style: For this month’s Picture This challenge, we’d like to see some photos you’ve taken that represent everything stylish, elegant, and fashionable for you. It can be just one photo or a handful of them — don’t forget to tell us what made you consider them as pictures of style!
- A Day in the Life of a Student: It’s going to be back to school for some of us, and if you’re among them, we’d like for you to share with us a slice of your life as a student though your photos and stories!
- Your Autumn Story: Let the leaves rustle, let the winds blow. Fall isn’t sunny, or warm, or festive at all. But some people absolutely love it when it’s fall. What about you? Tell us your autumn story. Capture and share a memorable event that happens during autumn, or simply tell us why you think it’s the best season of all.
- The World’s Fashion Capitals: Do you have the passion for fashion? Then we bet you have some favorite style spots in the following fashion capitals: Milan, New York, Tokyo, Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Los Angeles, Rome, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Antwerp, Johannesberg, Hong Kong, and Sydney. If you’ve ever been to any of them, do share with us your lomographs and stories about your favorite shopping spots. You can even make a street style post featuring some stylish people you’ve spotted!
- My Alma Mater: Not among those lomographers who are going back to school? Maybe you still have a handful of lomographs you’ve taken around your beloved school campus. Why don’t you walk us down memory lane and show us your snaps of your alma mater, and of course, tell us some of your campus stories!
- Autumn Wonderland: There will always be spots and locations where it’s best to enjoy what the seasons have to offer. Autumn will soon start the annual shedding of leaves, so if your part of the world turns into an Autumn Wonderland in the fall season, tell us about it and show us some of your snaps!
- LC-A+ Clones (Russia Day, 20th Anniversary Edition)
- La Sardina DIY
- Sprocket Rocket
- Belair X 6-12
- Diana Baby 110
- Diana F+ and Diana Clones
- Lomography Color Tiger 110
- Lomography Color Negative 100 ISO 35mm 3 Pack
- Lomography XPro Slide 200 120 3 pack
- Ilford FP4 Plus 125 35mm
- Fuji Pro 160S 35mm Expired
- Fuji Velvia 100F 120
- Belairgon Lenses
- La Sardina Dresses
- Flash Cables (Fritz the Blitz to PC Connector, Fritz the Blitz to Hotshoe)
- Portrait Camera Strap
- LomoKino Handgrip
- DigitaLIZA 110
- Fashion/Glamour Photography Tips in the Studio: Are you the type who prefers shooting fashion and glamour snaps in the studio? Then, share with us some of your tips and tricks when it comes to lighting, choosing props and backdrops, prepping and posing your models, and film + camera combo of your choice when working with fashion shoots in a controlled environment
- Fashion/Glamour Photography Outdoors: Some of our fellow lomographers here would like to try fashion/glamour photography done on location, especially for themed shoots. This may be a bit challenging compared to studio shoots, so if you have some tips and tricks for outdoor fashion photography, do share them with us!
- Architectural Photography with the Konstruktor: Got your hands on the build-it-yourself Konstruktor camera? Now is the time to explore the capabilities of your newest member of your analogue arsenal, and share with your fellow lomographers some tips and tricks when shooting with it!
- Camera Modification Tips and Tutorials: Are you the type of lomographer who likes to tinker around with your cameras to make them capable of producing wacky, mind-blowing results? We’d like to learn a trick or two from you, so step right up and show us those cool camera modifications!
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read this call-out article and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!