Before launching the Petzval on Kickstarter, we prepared with some photo-shoots and test drives. Take a look behind the scenes at how we prepared prior to launching this great lens. With this video, you'll get to meet some of the Lomography Staff and get a glimpse of Lomography's Headquarters in Vienna!
Want to learn more about the Petzval lens? Check out:
On the Petzval lens
- The Petzval Lens: A Breakthrough in Optics
- The Man Behind the Lens: Joseph Petzval
- The Lomography Petzval (D)SLR Art Lens Design
- Analogue & Digital Portraits Shot with the Lomography Petzval Lens
On the Kickstarter campaign
- Exclusively Available On Kickstarter: The New Petzval (D)SLR Art Lens
- The New Petzval Lens in a Visual Nutshell
- The Lomography Petzval Portrait Lens: An Introduction To Kickstarter Mechanics
- The Lomography Petzval Portrait Lens: Shipping & Delivery
The new Lomography Petzval (D)SLR Art Lens is a reinvention of the legendary portrait glass lens that first appeared in the 19th century. Our version is a high-quality glass optic that makes it possible for Canon and Nikon analogue and digital SLR mount cameras to yield the famous Petzval look – sharp focus areas with unique bokeh effects, strong color saturation, and artful vignettes. It’s a distinct look that goes far beyond using photo editing software and filters.
Fund this project on Kickstarter and help us bring back this extraordinary lens for 21st century photographers and filmmakers!